Wrong version number in current downloads - 10.37Q B27???

Hi Brian,

I just downloaded what I thought was weatherdisplay.zip 10.37S B82 from the downloads page, but it shows as 10.37Q B27 on my website using Saratoga Scripts. I don’t think this is what it’s supposed to be, and I think maybe the download link is pointing to the wrong file.

I just downloaded the full version @ 6:30 Pacific and %wdversion% %wdbuild% correctly returns 10.37S 82

The problem is that you have stale data in testtags.php http://www.portcoquitlamweather.ca/?sce=view on the webserver

$date_day = ‘27’; // Current day
$date_month = ‘01’; // Current month
$date_year = ‘2011’; // Current year
$monthname = ‘January’; // Current month name

$wdversion = ‘10.37Q’ . ‘-(b’ . ‘27’ . ‘)’; // Weather Display version number you are running

Sorry to see a disk crash lost all your data :frowning:

Thanks Niko, I’ve fixed it!

Dan

Ken has the instructions in the readme in https://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/WD-plugin.zip

Well, I’ve come to the conclusion that my install of WD will not upload testtags.txt as testtags.php. When setting it up, I followed the instructions indicated in the .ZIP file (mentioned above) and set it up in WD/Control Panel/Internet & File Creation/Special Custom Convers. and entered testtags.txt as the local file name, and testtags.php as the remote file name. I can also click Create this file now and upload this file now, and it works, but it won’t do it automatically. I have the “update every minute” checkbox selected on both create and upload, and I’ve made sure there’s a copy of testtags.php in the \Webfiles folder in my WD installation directory.

FTP is uploading when I manually do it.

Uploading E:\weather\testtags.php → testtags.php
FTPUPD.EXE finished at 11:47:57 AM 2018-11-01
Time taken = 0.03 minutes
Total bytes uploaded = 33 K
Total bytes uploaded for the day = 0.27 Mb
Total bytes uploaded for the month = 0.27 Mb

Uploading E:\weather\testtags.php → testtags.php
actual messages from upload session*
Start Time/date:11:47:55 AM 2018-11-01
Permanent connection selected
Permanent connection, will do ftp now
Finshed email agenda
Finshed email agenda, and more Internet agenda items to do…
Weather Display FTP/Internet vers 9.06
Time/date:11:47:57 AM 2018-11-01
Logging onto FTP server…
Connecting to FTP server.
OK
Connected.
220 Microsoft FTP Service
USER=****
331 Password required
PASSWORD=****
230 User logged in.
TYPE I
200 Type set to I.
Change to remote Dir weather
CWD weather
250 CWD command successful.
Checking for next FTP agenda…
there are 1 more things to do
Doing ftp upload
Checking there are files to upload
There are more files to upload
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (174,1,61,63,253,204).
STOR testtags.php
125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting.
226 Transfer complete.
No more files to upload
All Agenda complete, doing FTP log off…
FTP logoff
QUIT
221 Goodbye.
OK
Disconnected.
Doing abort procedure/program close…

I’m stuck. :frowning:

testtags was never designed to be updated every minute
instead the real time data is via the clientraw.txt file
instead of trying to update every minute just use the create and upload every 10 minutes times

make sure the override switch is on and the main internet switch is on

Ok, when I put the testtags.txt file into my \webfiles folder, WD creates the testtags.php file on schedule and keeps it in that folder and refuses to upload it to my site.

I’ve attached 3 files so you can tell what my settings are like.

WD3.JPG

I think I have it!

In the Control Panel/FTP & Connections/Connections tab, I had “Use Weather Display’s own FTP” unchecked. This is because I run a local server and the files don’t have to be uploaded by FTP. However, I have re-selected the checkbox for this option and now the file is being uploaded properly, at the scheduled interval.

Thanks to everyone who helped. You don’t know how much this means to me. It’s amazing how much you forget after having not had to touch the settings after so long.

Very grateful to you all! I don’t know what I’d do without you.

Cheers,
Dan