Removal of "wunderground"

I know they say they are “an IBM company” but I’m not sure how deep the IBM oversight penatrates, and may allow WU to have it’s own strategy and business plan.

The IBM I deal with is very good, and forward looking, recognizing that a business needs to make a profit. My employer has a developmental relationship with them and it is always rewarding to get an update on how that division is doing.

On the other hand, from the time that Jachym with Meteotemplate has been making comments, he’s never been very supportive of WU. Another person I had some interaction with had developed a board level device to make older stations of fame that were now rendered pretty useless because outdoor sensors were no longer available, and worked closely with APIs from WU, and their change, even for hobbyists, pretty well put the screws to his device.

I know there are enthusiasts who like to upload so their home station data is present on the web for them to view relatively for free. To cut them off entirely seems a bit draconian, so maybe there is some feeling about making shares with WU more proactive than so easy, but then again that sort of disrespects Brian’s work.

I don’t have an answer that fits all, but wanted to share some thoughts.
Dale