Weatherflow Rain Totals Increasing at an alarming rate

Hello – My initial install of the Mac version was the September 10.37 build 306 (downloaded 11 Sept). This was a new install setup for my new weatherflow weather station. Generally this version worked very well. Lots of rain during the month and the rain totals were fine. Oct 17th I downloaded a new version but did not get any rain till last night and today. The totals are way off. By the time I looked at my Weather-Display app I had over 200 inches of rain. Yikes. I downloaded and installed a new version today the the rain totals still increasing at an alarming rate. We’re pretty much in a wind and mist mode for now, but still getting the high rain rates.

I just installed the early Sept version and everything is fine. I do notice the rain rate is around .394 in / min (23.622 in / hour). But the rain totals are not changing at that rate. For reference – via the weather flow app on my phone – yesterdays rain was .85 in, todays rain is .31 in. These are consistent with both my Davis and Rainwise weather stations.

Hmmm – looks like something is off somewhere.

JP

try another update and let me know

Thanks for the quick turn around. Update is installed and now waiting for rain, which looks like a few days away. I’ll let you know.

JP

Just a quick update. Expecting a good amount of rain in two days. Yesterday had 0.01" of rain which did show correctly for the month and year total, but the today rain total was 0.0020" – not sure if you want to chase that or wait for a bigger rain total.

I’ll update you in two days.

JP

Brain – ok I’ve got some rain today. So far 0.11" on my phone app. I am showing no rain (0.0000") for the today value or the rain rate. I using the 27 Oct build for WD. The rain at the moment is light rain.

Before the rain started I did a restart of my macbook pro and of course a restart of WD. An odd thing after the restart my year total went from 59.51 to 59.50 – decreased by 0.01"

Hope this helps.
JP

Sorry – I jumped a little early. We’re now getting a heavy rain. Just got 0.0018" which should be 0.01" which does show correctly on the yearly total now at 59.51" … more to come

JP

Sorry Brian – I’ll stop after this post. We just got 0.38" of rain looking at the weatherflow app on my phone. WD is showing still only 0.0018" of rain today. It has not increased with this latest burst off rain.

JP

what is your station ID
and so I can test/check here
(when you are getting rain)

Brian – ID sent via email. I do not expect any rain till Monday USA time – about 48 hours from now.

Thanks
JP

I took my WD Sky unit down off the roof
and tapped it to create rain
and I have found and fixed the issue now , in the latest WD mac version update :slight_smile:

Brian – appreciate the fix. We’ve had a couple days of rain this week and everything is good with WD matching the weatherflow rain totals.

Thanks a bunch
JP