Two observations about Ambient

If you don’t always leave the program running overnight, when you start in the morning and read in the data it:

1. uses a different spacing for time on the graphs, i get that there aren’t as many data points; and,
  2. doesn’t do the midnight reset. Seems like as the data comes in it could be asking “did it pass midnight?” and go off to the reset routine for a moment.

Just a few thoughts…

Jim

it should be checking to do #2
but that will only fire if the midnight time stamp is found in the import data time

perhaps a margin of error could be introduced. I don’t remember now if the timestamps are every 5 or 10 minutes, but it often is outside its existing check and doesn’t do it.

Thanks

Jim

email me your ambient api settings etc and I will do some testing/investigating

Keep in mind that Ambientweather.net submissions require an API key, and if you didn’t purchase your hardware/software (like Weatherbridge) from Ambientweather.com, you’ll likely have to pay for a key to submit data there. $150 (ouch).

Their authorization is by Device ID (DID) … unauthorized DIDs get a reject message from the API.

Brian: The api key has been emailed to info@ email address. Tanks. Ken: Gotcha. I have an api key and am using it well, except as noted regarding WD doing a midnight reset after WD has not been running over night. The Ambient uploads its data independent of the WD.

I have tested here and it worked OK
i.e the daily rain was reset OK
this was with default settings

I used your api key and then set the time/date to get the data from to 24 hours prior in the data logger setup
then restarted WD

see the attached screen shot

Daily rain has been ok, because it takes it from Ambient on a per data read basis, but daily highs, lows, wind, humidity, etc continue to read yesterdays highs and lows about half the time. Its inconsistent whether it resets or not. I’ll shut down tonight and if it fails in the a.m. I will screen cap the daily high/low screen.

Sometimes its ok, sometimes not.

Jim

i had not set to use rain total from station in this test

you had not said or made it clear that sometimes the reset works but other times it does not
when it does not, check the logfile (e.g 10208lg.txt) to see if any missing minute data points around the midnight reset time

Will do. This morning it failed to get data at all the first time i ran the program at startup, i restarted it and failed again. I reset the date/time in the logger and 3d time was a charm, it read in fine and did the midnight reset. I will continue to watch and play and look at that file looking for more/better information i can supply. I don’t always shut it down at night, but realize that intermittent problems are the worst to find.

Thanks for your time, more to follow later.

Jim

Its been fine for several days, then today it failed to read the data the first time, closed the program, reopened, it read data, did the midnight reset OK, but has no data for yesterday, see screenshot. Notice the solar maximum, it seems to have a decimal point problem. But, only in that window, the actual data and max/min records are not affected.

Jim

if it fails, it might because of the server returning about too many connections/requests
i.e check in the ambientdatahistory.txt and ambientdata.txt files at that time

I had not tested/checked on the daily hi lo yesterday data problem when I last did a test

That’s correct. ambientdata.txt had {“error”:“above-app-rate-limit”} in it, the data was actually fine in ambientdatahistory.txt and it actually read in fine.

The yesterday/today screen did it again. That’s a new phenomena, didn’t used to do that prior to the current build.

Jim

when the history does fail, see what shows in the ambienthistory.txt

re the other issue, try re downloading WD to get the latest update and we can move forward from there

i have fixed the issue with the yesterday hi/lo problems I introduced in the latest version
at least
build 83 .zip is ready to download now, to fix that