Log file missing

Hi, from the 1/10/18 to 19/10/18 my October log files are missing, & also all the headings along the top are missing see up load, using W7 & WD 10.37s81 & zip up date from here. Also my averages/extremes Noaa style reports shows day 23 to day 29. as today is 22/10/18 something has gone wrong some where.

many thanks

teal.

102018lg.txt (225 KB)

I do not know why that would be
I just checked and mine is OK
you can get WD to receate the logfile from the data file if that is OK

Hi, I have tried recreating graph/logfile etc. but the log file stays the same, IE. still missing the headings & the first 19 days of October. The days with rain this month is wrong as well. I have checked my backup log files that I have & those have the days/data missing as well for this month.

teal.

if you go to view,av/ext, in WD, are those missing days there in the data reports?

Hi, no is the simply answer see up load, even if I click on update whole month.

teal.

if you have WU data then you can use that as a data source (via the action, import logfiles)

Well what can I say you have saved the day again, I forgot that I could do that, one thing as you can see from the upload in the first there is no headings along the top of the logfile, is this OK or should I do something about it ?. Once again your after sales service is the best.

many many thanks.

teal.

the lack of headings will not cause any issues

Thanks again Brian.

teal.

Lost my data in the log files again, only got data from the 27/10/18 this month, no idea what,s going on.

teal.

found this in the program event log see up load.

teal

the WD logfile, e.g 102018lg.txt
is appended to by WD
its not re written or deleted or anything like that by WD

maybe something else is deleting it, e.g an anitivirus program or similar

if you have WD set to do daily back ups then you should have a back up of the logfile

one thing, you should not be using a tempory file as the source for a main screen custom image (re the errors)

Hi Brian, I have now changed the temp file/image see upload. I have WD do one of the main back ups for me, that backs up the databackup zip files & I use a third party back up program to more back ups, the third party program backs up the log files & data files onto another PC (but not the zip ones). If it happens again I will check the WD backup zip files to see if they are correct, because when I checked my backup of the log files the data was missing. Not sure why the files are being deleted in the logfiles folder, but I will keep checking it to see if it happens again. The only thing that I have changed is that I downloaded that zip up date (see first post) because rain records has been wrong for the last 2 months.

many thanks Brian.

teal.