Password locations?

How many locations do I need to check to change an FTP password? I’m have a very strange problem with my ISP and incorrect password and I cannot isolate where the problem is coming from! I’ve rebuilt 2 computers so far and done factory resets on my webcam but the problem persists. I am at wits end! The problem seems to start in the morning (around 0900} and persist intermittently through out the daylight hours. I don’t have a lockout problem during the night. The only errors I can find in the FTP logs other than one incorrect password is “time out” and “file to large” errors. I am beyond frustrated. Thanks.

depends
you might have set to use this ftp settings instead for the real time ftp setup, so check the password there

After much frustration I gave up and tried a new server. Everything was going great until this month. Now my very strange FTP problem is back. Something from WD is trying to access my FTP with an incorrect user name. It is the old, formerly correct, user name that should not be in any of my config files anywhere on my computer. Apparently the access started spontaneously on Dec 2. I have not made any changes to my setup other than to manually enter snow totals daily. I also noticed that sometime in the past couple weeks my setup for real time clientraw had quit autostarting. I found the “I am running my own web server” had somehow become checked, so changing that fixed that problem. Thing is I have no memory of accessing and/or changing any of my settings other than the snow totals. I think the problem is somewhere in WD becuse the problem stops when WD is shut down but I can’t find it. I have checked my user name/password under the main internet setting, clientraw ftp, and customise internet/file creation setup and all are correct.

Any guess where to look? I did download and install the latest version today but that has not changed the problem. It really seems like there is a stray piece of data somewhere that should be easy to find, but isn’t! Ideas?

Try a word search on an up to date copy of the reg and ini files for the old password

Are you sure you don’t have another forgotten test WD running on some other PC? That was the cause when I ran into this same issue, the other WD was stopped but then re-started when the power cycled :oops:

Found it! (I think). It was buried in a config file I didn’t know existed for a webcam trigger I didn’t know I had set. #-o That explains the very intermittent part. Apparently it was a matter of something being triggered by a power reset. Thanks!