Ftp not working

Sometime within the last week all of my ftp clients, filezilla, weather display and gr3 radar have been unable to connect to my host fatcow. I have confirmed that my site is accessible outside my IP address using the same username and password that I have used for years. I have bypassed router and used a laptop hardwired to modem and still cannot connect. I have uninstalled/disabled all firewalls. The errors I receive are 530 password error. Fatcow says my IP address was blocked but has been unblocked.
Anyone have any suggestions on resolving this before I change host?
Thanks
Larry
VanCamweather.com

they may have changed password
i.e you need to find out what the new password is

server is accessible from outside my public ip address utilizing the same password/username that i have used for 6 years.

maybe then they are blocking access from your IP

that is what i am thinking. i have discussed this with fatcow several times but, they insist they have unblocked my ip address.
time for a new host!

try doing a trace route to see where and if the connection is actually being denied.
I had the same issue with my old host.

Not necessarily time for a new host. I have been having a similar problem with MDDhosting for over a month now (lost track). They say it is due to repeated attempts to connect with the wrong password that resembles a DOS attack so my IP gets blocked. My website is still available, but I can not connect from my come computer or upload new data until the site is unblocked. MDDhosting says it will automatically unblock once the “attack” stops for a couple minutes or something like that, but since WD keeps trying to connect it never stops. I can log onto my billing account and manually unblock it, but the frequency has gone from occasional to every few hours.

I think this has something to do with the push to secure connections, but I just know enough to be dangerous.;

I had the same FTP lockout problem with MDD a long time ago. After some argument I found they were correct :oops: I had a forgotten python script running on another PC that was continually trying to ftp upload using the credentials from my previous host :roll: