WH1081PC - Unusual Flashing Icons

Hi everyone, Mike here form Palmerston North in New Zealand. I’ve had a Fine Offset WH1081PC for a number of years and has been a very good companion to me. However, last month I dismounted the sensors to replace the two AA batteries and while I was at it I also replaced the three AA batteries in the LCD display. When I powered it all back up the LCD display started to show some flashing icons for Min/Max alarms on temperature, wind and pressure. I had never seen these in all the resets or battery changes ever before!

No matter what sequence of buttons (soft) I press I cannot cancel the requirement to have an alarm set for one or all of the parameters.

Is this an unusual happening? Is it firmware related? I have had my LCD display connected to a PC and a Raspberry Pi previously but now it’s just standalone and is annoying the heck out of me!

Also, now when I connect to CumulusMX or EasyWeather software I get some strange readings on the computer (Win10 PC) that are not what is on the LCD display.

Thanks for any help if you can provide it.

maybe try removing the batteries and wait a minute and then re insert?