customclientraw.txt and boldtwood cloud sensor

Hello!
I’ve recently repaired our observatory’s boltwood cloud sensor after a long hiatus, and am trying to re-integrate this into our weather systems.
We had originally had the boltwood set up so that WeatherDisplay would read the boltwood datafile and incorporate the sky temperature in the customclientraw.txt file.

Apparently some things changed on WeatherDisplay since we last had this working, as it no longer currently functions.
Here’s what I’ve found:

1. I’ve set up the Boltwood on the Setup → Advanced/Misc Sttings
  2. Creation of customclientraw.txt file is configured on Control Panel → Web Files → Real Time Client FTP

Here’s what I’m seeing:

• [li]Cloud value IS being plotted on the graph on WeatherDisplay instead of indoor humidity (that’s good), although I can’t directly interpret the values printed on the graph, as they’re not a temperature.
    [/li]
  • The sky temperature is being recorded as “255” on the custumclientraw.txt file, just as it was previously (without the working Boltwood attached).

I cannot remember how I configured exactly what was getting recorded in customclientraw.txt, or if that’s something that I manually configured at all. Since I can’t directly interpret the numbers that WeatherDisplay I can’t figure out how to verify that WeatherDisplay is properly reading the Boltwood data file, nor why it’s recording a limit value for the customclientraw.txt file.

Can anyone help?
Unfortunately, the custum

As a followup, I’m seeing numbers on the WeatherDisplay graph that are in the range of 68-73 right now (for partly cloudy skies). Clarity II reports sky temperature of -28C, and the extra sensors graph reports extra temp 2 (which the advanced settings has set for the sky temperature) as “255”. So WeatherDisplay is apparently not reading the Clarity II data file correctly!

Okay… so, really getting a bit frustrated. I tried updating to the very latest weatherdisplay (10.37S81) and we’re working… a little bit better? The critical boltwood parameter, (Tsky-Tamb) is NOT presented anywhere nor is it plotted instead of “indoor humidity” as it claims to do. I can store the raw sensor reading as an extra temperature sensor, but apparently cannot view the (Tsky-Tamb) value.

Looking at the changelogs for WeatherDisplay, I find the cryptic entry “14th April 2017 10.37S Build 45 update:Added support back for the Boltwood cloud sensor”.

Clearly something broke, and it does not appear to have been added back in correctly.