WXSIM 2018 Build 1.3

Just letting you know I’ve posted (as a full installer) version 2018 Build 1.3.

www.wxsim.com/wxsimupg.exe

This has only a tiny change since 1.2: The one customer who had requested I create the file latestshort.csv asked if I could resolve a discrepancy in which - if you were using Daylight Saving Time - the time would still show as standard time (though the date would reflect DST). I think I’ve fixed that in that file. What I’m not sure about is whether I should make a similar change in latest.csv. Is anybody using that in a script, or have need for a similar change?

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,

The latestshort.csv works perfect now (brilliant).

That leaves both the lastfire.csv and the latest.csv, the way they where always in non DST dateTime and the 23:00 and 23:30 for each day showing previous date.

I believe that many scripts by others use the latest.csv, however from memory I recall previous requests to do as you’ve done with the latestshort.csv was always rejected due to possibly breaking something in the core intitial code of wxsim.

In my personal opinion, if you could as you suggest, do the same with latest.csv and lastfire.csv then that would be amazing. Though other script writers would need to engage and confirm first.

I setup all new scripts last year (after DST End) and was hoping to find a way around the current issue with latest.csv prior to our DST Start (which occurred today), however due to being hospitalised and ill health I did not have time, which now results in all my new scripts (mySql based) not displaying correctly because of the date issue.

If it turned out that the proposed change could not be made to latest.csv and or lastfire.csv, would it be possible to add a few more fields to the latestshort.csv (Like SkyCov,FreezingLevel,SnowLevel,FFDI ,FWI ,Average ,WBGT) as that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hi Tom and All,
I just thought I would Bump this up again, as it has been over a month since you first posted the possibility of finally producing a latest.csv with DST adjusted date/times.
I am surprised that no one has responded (aside from my previous post) primarily because this is what most have requested for ages.
I hope that others do respond, though if they do not, maybe take that as (they have no issue if you make the change, or they don’t have an issue) so hopefully you do.

Kind regards,

For those WXSIM users which are not using “public-scripts” for processing latest.csv it would be no big deal. They can modify their own scripts, if necessary.

But the ones using other ones script, that remains a question. Who knows if all scripts remain functional?
The script authors added code to work around the DST-problem and 23/24-hour problem.
Maybe some scripts will fail if the csv-problems are removed and is the original author still maintaining those scripts?

Better leave the current columns of the latest.csv as is.
And add an UTC column ( 2018-10-19_05:00_UTC ) at the end. This was done with lastret.txt also.
As the number of columns is already variable, old scripts needs no maintenance.
New scripts which will be developed in the future should use UTC date/time column.

Wim

P.S.
The Leuven WXSIM scripts can be checked here: https://www.weerstation-herent.be/wsfct4/ Select “full page all data” for the latest.csv one.
Because I can not run WXSIM anymore I am totally dependant on users to get test-data.