WeatherFlow has arrived

After about four weeks in the post, it has finally arrived. I do not understand exactly what has been happening as it arrived from China to Amsterdam and, from there, it went to Germany, where they gave it a new tracking number. It stayed in Germany for about three weeks with no tracking information and the next thing I knew is that it had arrived in this country. The strange thing is that because the tracking number was changed to Germany the “system” said that it was of German origin: as a result, I did not have to pay any duty or VAT, which was very strange (but I did not insist :-))

When I got home, I opened the packet and found a German information that it had been opened legally under airfreight security controls. “However, the visual inspection revealed that the mail item contained no prohibited articles!”. This is probably the reason for the long delay in delivery.

A visual inspection of the contents revealed what I found surprising; the items appear to be extremely well-made and robust. As an engineer, I do not know how they could get the price down to the current levels, even when made in China.

well, when you consider 1 child gets $0.10 per hour then you can see how the costs are kept low :wink: