consolewd for linux (Mint) and WeatherFlow AIR/SKY - File creation frequency

Hello,

My WeatherFlow SKY can sample data in around the same frequency as my old Davis VP2, approximately 2 seconds. I was using a Meteohub that could get the VP2 data that often but its interface didn’t allow for the upload of files that frequently so I wrote my own scripts to do it. Consolewd operates off a config.txt file and creates the client raw (etc) files. It ‘looks’ like it is doing that every minute. This is not going to work for kiteboarders and sailboarders who will want near realtime wind speed and direction information. There ‘is’ an FTP setting for upload frequency, but I have not been able to get the WeatherDisplay FTP to work.

How often does consolewd create clientraw (etc) files?

Is there a way to tell consolewd that I want files generated at some frequency less than 1 minute, say every 15 seconds (or less)? From a consolewd point of view, it is just software. Either the data is there or it isn’t, right, and if I choose to waste cycles and bandwidth to send the same data isn’t that on me and not the software?

Thanks for any insights,

Jack

it should be updating faster than that
in testing here its updating every couple of seconds
(you can tell by running the wdpi program, which uses the data from the clientraw.txt file)

If I do 'ls -l client*.txt I am seeing an update every minute. I want to create these files maybe not as frequently as the data is being generated by the instrument but faster than once a minute.

would wdpi be in the consolewdfiles folder or somewhere in the weather display folders, because ‘which’ doesn’t find it at all.

Jack

is this raspberry pi 1 2 or 3 version?
a better way to check on the file update would be to simply open the file and look at the time in the data?