FTP Upload slowed to a snails pace!

Hi,

I have for a years been running ftp upload set at 1 minute intervals and there has been no issues uploading 22 items. This normally takes less than 10 seconds, however yesterday the whole FTP upload slowed to a snails pace and now a second upload windows runs before the first one closes. On some occasions a third FTP upload window appears, but can’t connect to the server (too many connections) and the first two just hang until I close them manually.

I have not changed any settings or added any new webfiles to the upload schedule. I have followed the advice on previous post in this forum; check ISP, check pc memory, close other running programmes etc, I have even updated to latest WD build (81), but nothing seams to make any difference. I suspect this is not a WD issue, but perhaps a Windows 10 update issue (although none pre this problem starting!)

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks, Gary

I’ve had a similar problem with hanging connections, timing out, and other problems for several weeks now. A complete computer rebuild and new install has not fixed things. This started BEFORE the latest windows updates. At this point I really can’t figure out what is going on. Virus & malware checks continue to be clean.

Probably a dumb question, but have you checked with your web hosting co? Sometimes they get upset with a lot of FTP activity.

Thanks guys,

I messaged my web host and still waiting for a response. However I did move the FTP settings to another web host I have and the upload worked perfectly. I have been uploading to my website through this web host for years without any issues so I expect a fault at their end or as suggested the system has flagged excessive use. I will wait to see what their response is and post it here for information. :?

Thank’s
Gary

Before the rebuild my host said their logs showed too many attempts with password failures that mimicked a DOS attack, but my logs were showing timeouts. I haven’t contacted them since the rebuild as it is still a work in progress, but it looks like the same problem on my end. I haven’t been able to do more testing due to another more pressing problem. Hopefully I will be able to concentrate on my website soon. I think I’ve been spoiled by too many years without a problem.

Hi Tarma,

I have just heard back from my webhost. I had actually given up on them and thought I would not hear until after the weekend so I actually moved my website to another host, but forgot I have two programs licensed to the original host: ‘Weather Display Live’ and ‘Weather Map Live’. They will have to wait for now! My webhost said they were resetting the server, but all to late. They gave no reason, but did delete one of my very large files; NexStorm.

Hope you manage to sort your issue, but I would look at the solution being with your webhost.

Gary

Glad you got your problem sorted Gary! My webserver is responsive but I think the error messages are not telling the whole story. At the moment I’m just watching the site, trying to determine a pattern, until I can work on it again. I hate it when life gets in the way of my hobbies :slight_smile: