WXSIM reverted to unregistered and Atlanta location after power cut

I’d appreciate some guidance with this. We had a power cut and my UPS kicked in okay. I shut down all the WXSIM programs but the PC wouldn’t shut down normally and I had to force a shut down. Now that the power is back working it appears all my WXSIM programs have gone back to initial settings and are unregistered and the location is showing Atlanta.

WXSIM has run virtually faultlessly for years and I can’t remember how to sort this out!

Try to find the original files Tom sent you when you registered and copy them back into the WXSim folder. I suspect something got deleted or corrupted.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart - unfortunately I can’t find those files from 5 years ago - I think they must have got lost in a PC meltdown I had the following year. I’ve found the code to get Autolearn re-registered but that’s all. I’ve emailed Tom with the problem so hopefully he’ll help in due course and resend the files.

Edit: I seem to remember the relevant personalised site file from Tom was cty.fdt file so I restored that from last night’s PC backup but nothing changed - still says I’m unregistered so I think I’m stuffed until I get new registration data from Tom.

It’s all sorted! I take programmed backups of my weather PC at 1000 and 2200 every day so I restored the whole C:/wxsim folder from last night’s 2200 back up taken an hour before the power cut. I don’t know why I didn’t do this before posting… :oops: