One Comment, one question about Ambient

Comment:

I have WD downloading some web pics, wx radar and solar conditions (i.e. Flux, A index and K index etc) every 15 minutes. When it runs the FTP window always pops on top of whatever else i am doing. It doesn’t really take the focus, so, if i am typing the typing continues to go where it belongs. Can we have an option to make that FTP window in the background?

Question:

Is there a way to control how far back WD looks in the online Ambient data at program startup? I see the controls in CP->Ambient history data setup, but i don’t think that’s doing what i want. If i go away and don’t leave it running, it only looks back something less than a day. Am i missing how to control this or can this be controlled? I am about to go out of town for 5 days and don’t really want to leave my PC running, but neither do i want to lose data.

Thanks.

Jim

you can set the FTP program to run hidden in the system tray (tick that option in the ftp/internet setup, connections setup)
ambientweather.net only stores data for 24 hours for the api data as far as I know

Thanks.

Ed says there is a years worth of data.

not sure if that is available to the api data though?
if it is, I am not sure how to access it…maybe I need to provide start and end dates or similar

I specifically asked Ed about api data…