Fluctuating Wunderground Data - Weather Display @ Acurite Pro

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding a problem with my data on Weather Underground. I recently switched over from smart-hub uploading to Weather Display. Did this because I like the ability to calibrate the wind etc., and upload to different weather sites which I cannot do with the acurite software. Acurite is also forcing us to buy a new uploader soon and I was not very pleased with that.

Anyways, all is going well and I really love the WD features. The only problem I have is that some of my data fluctuates on Weather Underground. In particular, the barometric pressure and the rainfall totals. My readings are always correct on WD - and intermittently correct on WU - but they jump around, and always by a standard deviation. I have attached an image showing what I mean. In this case, the correct pressure reading is 29.7 in but there are intermittent spikes, and these spikes always seem to be by the same factor. Same seems to apply to the rainfall, but here, the spikes are downward (i.e from .13 in [correct] to .11 [incorrect]).

I mentioned the pressure issue to Brian in a private email when I purchased WD, but I have not been able to resolve it. Was wondering if anyone has seen this or knows what might be going on.

Thanks so much in advance.
Mike

My wunderground station is here if this helps at all https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IEDWARDS4#history

Capture.JPG

Just a follow up - I seem to have solved this issue. Even though I had ‘stopped sharing’ data with WU over the smart hub, it was still sharing rainfall and pressure data for some reason. So long as it was connected, this data was still flowing to WU. Very odd. By disconnecting it totally from the internet, I was able to make the issue go away.

Thanks
M

that’s good you found the issue, I did suspect that it was still sending data

You were absolutely right Brian. Thanks Again. Very odd that the hub was still sending despite being ‘shut off’.