Logfile problem

Hi
Since updating to v 81 my system produce no logfiles. Went back to version 80 and all is well. Is there a way of recreating the logs from datafiles
Regards
Alan

Hi
I have managed to recreate my missing data now from the inf file. V80 is producing all the right logs now
regards
Alan

What weather station type?

Sorry Brian
OS WMR300
I think it must have been recognised as the inf files were intact
One thing I noticed - I imported the month inf file into excel where I keep some other (sunshine) data and the last few lines started in column B not A as the rest did - extra space ?
The logfiles all stopped at 8:43 local time yesterday (05/09/18) when I upgraded but the extra column started at midnight - all the earlier data was fine.
Regards
Alan

it might have been a one off
or it might have been related to the new faster history catch up routine
was there any error under view, program event log?
try it again maybe

Hi Brian
I tried V81 again and none of the files that should update per minute did so. I did not want to lose too much data so after a few minutes went back to V80 and updates per minute started again. I did check that the logging interval was still set at 1 when using v81.
Regards
Alan

it might be related to the faster history routine (which I could disable for the wm300)
you could test by turning the data logger switch off (control panel, data logger)

Hi Brian
Yes it does seem to be related. Tried starting b81 with logger off and the logfiles ran. Turned data logger on again (no restart) and logfiles stopped. Back to OFF and all OK. Would disabling the faster routine mean I would lose data if wd was shut down for an extended time. If I start b81 with the logger on then do a quick restart with it off the logfiles work after two minutes. I could live with that.
Regards
Alan

i have removed the faster history data routine for the wmr300 now in the latest .zip update (i.e so it is like it was before)

Many thanks Brian

Is that change valid for WMR200 as well?

yes (I mentioned that in the other thread)
its a shame people do not want to work with me to improve WD

Brian, I find that hard to take. You asked if someone would test the WMR200 version of your “improvement”, so I did. WD stopped logging, and I told you so. But you still put the routine in a zip update release, and then we all discovered it doesn’t work with WMR300 either. And there seem to be a few problems with duplicated timestamps in the Davis version, too.

You haven’t even asked us to try an improvement on your improvement. I’m sure (as I said elsewhere) that it will indeed be an improvement.

WMR200 history data still not logged/graphed after latest zip update. Live data is logged OK.