Corrupted readings of 1wire temp sensors

Dear Brian,
my old Hobbyboards hum/temp sensor went dead so I bought a new one (but same DS2438 chip) and after that all my older DS18S20 temp sensors started reporting nonsense values (about 10 degrees less). Newer temp sensors DS18B20 however report correct values as they did before. The problem must be in the 1wirereader program - probably it cannot cope with those two types of temp sensors on the same network. Original Maxim’s 1wireviewer shows all values from all sensors correctly.

I would like to kindly ask you to review this bug, as I would not like to replace all my older sensors!

Thank you.

BTW: I tried a clean install of WD on a different computer, the same problem appeared.

I am not able to update the original WD 1 wire reader program, sorry
(but I can update the newer WD HB 1 wire reader program)

Can I use just your newer HB 1 wire reader instead of the original one? How? I could do a few tests and see if it helps.

you can try

Could you advise how? Should I enter the ROM ID values both to HB1wirereader as well as the original Dallas1wirereader? Wouldn’t it cause some kind of conflict? (you know, when two do the same, it’s not the same… :lol:)

I guess you would not have the original running