Replace Oregon Scientific LW301 with LW89 + WD?

Hello!
I have an oregon Scientific LW301 weather station (sensors for temp, humidity, presure, rain and wind) and the good thing was that it was sending data to a server managed by Oregon and both now values and one week of hiostry could be fetched with an android app called “anywhereweather”. Now the server has gone out of service and I am offered an Oregon WMR89 with USB connection as replacement.
But I want to see now and historic values and I am thinking of the OS WMR89 + raspberri pi and the weather display software to achieve the same. Will that work? Smoothly?
I am thinking that WMR89 reports sensor data via USB to the pi and on the pi (also connected to my Asus home router) weather display sw can run. Can then weather display provide an android app and access data stored on the pi? The app should work not only on my home wifi, but anywhere over the internet.

Any pitfalls or wrong thinking in above?

Difficulties, will I get firewall issues in my router?

I guess I am not the only one loosing app functionality when then oregon server went out of service.

Any other good replacement solution to achieve what I want?

/Patrik

this is the problem relying on cloud data only for weather station’s , their is no gaurantee they will stay around

I have added support for the WMR89 in WD (windows) and there is a free android app to view your data
I might be able to get it to work with consolewd

Hi!
Thx for a fast response!

Do I get you correct that I can connect your WMR89 via USB to a windows computer and from there I can see my sensor data via weather display?
But can I also read the data via the android app via WD? If so just inside same wifi as your computer or also via internet?
And if I instead use a reaspberry pi, I guess it wil be running on some linux distribution - will that work?

/Patrik

yes, WD windows version supports the WMR89 via USB
and if you then set WD to get the data to the android app (i.e FTP) then you can view the data on the WDliveapp
I would need to add support to consolewd that runs on the raspberry pi