Cronweatherflow can not open local file for writing

the issue with the UDP data could be a router issue (there was someone else who reported they had to set a bind setting in their router settings for the weatherflow hub)

I have got data a couple of times using your station ID and not using UDP data
(but its intermitant)
one thing make sure to not set as private data only, your weather flow data

Thanks for your help Brian.
Not sure what else either of us can do.
I have the station set to Public (always has been), but not sharing with WU (Was going to do that through WD).
I am getting data reliably from the WeatherFlow hub via UDP and Node-RED, so feel confident that the router is working as it should.
(I have about 80 devices on my network, so am very comfortable with Windows, Linux and IoT devices).

I find it odd that cronweatherflow finds the station devices and all the sensor names, but not the data?

The debug from the control panel in WD does not show any errors.
Let me know if there is any other debug information I can get.

I have found and fixed it
use this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/cronweatherflow.zip
vers 3.9
working here (with UDP not set)
i.e unzip/extract to where you have WD installed (exit the current running cronweatherflow program)

it seems you had a sequence of ID I had not come across before
(if works with not using UDP, then we can work on using with UDP set next (might be a similar issue))

Brian.
Great work!
Thanks so much for taking a good look at it.
Working as expected. Data in the cron and data on the main weatherdisplay window.
Very excited.

Happy to test any other versions if you need.

Thanks again for your time. Greatly appreciate it.

that’s good
is that with the UDP not set?
(does it work if that is set and then restarted?)

Hi Brian,

It works with UDP set Ok.

The only problem I can find thus far is that the solar radiation (and UV) is not coming in correctly (With or without UDP ticked).
It is just reading 0.0 Wm/2 all the time. But the weatherflow app shows it correctly, as does my raw udp data into Node-RED.

I just tested here (cant test with UDP) using your ID
and UV and solar does show OK in the cronweatherflow program
do you see that data?

Here is a screen shot of what I am I seeing.
Note the lack of solar or UV.

if you unset to use udp
does solar and uv show?

Hi Brian,

Had to wait for the sun to come up (Im in California)…
Sadly, even with the UDP unchecked, there is no solar or UV readings.
I can see it in my local UDP stream via Node-RED and I can see the readings in my WeatherFlow Android app.

Thanks for you time looking into this.

but uv and solar is working here with the udp not ticked
and using your ID (i.e the data comes from the weatherflow server)
so it should be working for you
with the latest update of cronweatherflow
(did you restart that after unsetting to use udp, as a test)

Brian,

Ok, i did not understand there was a difference starting cronweatherflow separately from weatherdisplay.

After starting cronweatherflow I am now getting solar and UV.
Thanks for clarifying that.

normally WD starts the cron program when its started
do you mean it was not running, or?

Evaulating (Trial) WD v10.37.S114 here.

I am experiencing the same problem with Cronweatherflow v5.5 on Windows 10 64bit

It worked good for 1 day.

I had an abrupt power interruption due to an electrical storm (PC turned off without being shut down).
Then this thing started with “Can’t open local file for writing.”
I deleted the wetherflow.txt weatherflow0.txt and weatherflow2.txt from the C:\Program Files (x86)\wdisplay directory.
Still having same error.

was it working prior to the power outage, if so sounds like a corrupt settings file

Yes - It seems have been…

I have placed that computer on a power backup.
I had to totally reinstall weather-display to get it working again.
Weather-display seemed to indicate that data was being received, but it was ignoring it.

At this point, without any explanation for what the issue is - I am hesitant to purchase Weather-display:
I fear that in the future, it can happen again (ex: if my power backup goes down).

There is so much to be configured in weather-display, and I am not looking forward to having to reimplement
each time the PC gets disrupted without being properly shut down.

Is the application still being actively developed, and are they seeing our postings here?

I deleted the wetherflow.txt weatherflow0.txt and weatherflow2.txt from the C:\Program Files (x86)\wdisplay directory.
where do you have WD installed and running from? if you installed to and have it running from C:\Program Files (x86)\wdisplay then that is the problem, i.e its a permissions problem just let the installer install to the default location c:\wdsiplay\ so try re installing to the that location and then copy across your datafiles and logfiles and the settings file wdisplay.ini from C:\Program Files (x86)\wdisplay\ to c:\wdisplay
Is the application still being actively developed
yes

This time around, I did install it into that default directory.
Seems odd that permissions didn’t become an issue until the PC was restarted.
It could be the issue.
I will continue to evaluate.

KB8DOA,
I started using Weather Display over 10 years ago. I can definitely say that it is still being developed and improved. And a huge YES to your question about whether the developer ever sees your post. As a matter of fact, Brian(Weather Display) IS the developer. He is VERY active on this site, and will take what ever time it takes to help resolve any problems that you may encounter. As far as having to reset all of your settings if/when your computer shuts down unexpectedly, that is not a problem. All of your settings are saved in a file in the WD directory. Even a total re-install to the same directory will keep your existing settings, unless you delete the file or directory before reinstalling. You can freely update to the latest version without fear of loosing your settings. If you do a search here in the forum, you will find detailed instructions on how to backup and store important files. As far as weather history data being lost while your computer is down, that would depend on which weather station that you have, and whether or not it has a data logger. Weather Display can do some amazing stuff to recover lost data.

Please feel free to ask questions in this forum at any time. I am sure that someone here will have an answer, or will help you find a solution.

As far as the Weather Display software is concerned, It is the only one that I have seen that you can pay for ONCE, and get free lifetime updates, as well as free lifetime support. There is no "expiration date, no sunset clause, or anything like that. If it doesn’t have a feature that you need, Brian can usually add it.

BTW, Welcome to the Weather-Watch forum, pull up a chair, grab your favorite beverage, and enjoy the weather!