Weatherflow setup

For some reason my post was deleted.

Here is the Share site for my weather flow. https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/4918/grid

Yes, seeing it here.

MikeyM

do you have the cronweatherflow program set to get UDP data?
does the windspeed there?
(I did ask those questions before)
also post or email the weatherflow0.txt and weatherflow.txt file

There appears to be no info coming from the SKY unit whether I have the UDP box checked or not. Each time I change something, I exit/save and restart WD.

This afternoon I downloaded the Weather34 template and that is receiving the data from SKY. Not sure how that collects the data. UDP or WeatherFlow Servers?

Did I miss something in the initial setup? I basically chose the weather flow tab and inputted my station ID.

The requested files are attached

weatherflow.txt (315 Bytes)

weatherflow0.txt (2.22 KB)

I may have found the issue.

I started the datalogger and now I see data from sky. Will have to wait, as winds are calm, no rain and dark, so no solar data

how do you mean started the data logger exactly?

Control panel/data logger - Once I turned that on, I started to receive data from from sky each time cronweatherflow runs.

I turned the data logger off to see what happens and it is still receiving the SKY data

that would have been a red herring
I suspect that what has happened is that something has started working correctly on the weatherflow servers for your data

Brian, I do not know if this forum/thread is the right place… Any way…

Brian, this morning, after reading messages in this thread, I decided to check on the integration of the WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station and Weather Display (I have received my station a week or so ago but I have not yet installed either the ‘Sky’ nor the ‘Air’ units at their proper locations).

WOW! What can I say/write! Other than ‘integration well done’, congratulation Brian!

In/on the ‘Weather Station Type Selection’ window, I clicked on the WeatherFlow icon (on the bottom right side of that window), clicked on the button in front of the ‘Enabled’ option, entered the WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station ID number into the ‘Station ID (via your Station Status in the app)’ box, and then clicked on the ‘Get Sensor Names’ button and that was all/it - the names I have assigned to both my ‘Sky’ and ‘Air’ units then appeared in the bottom box:

13425 HB-00010257 
13426 AR-00005968 TZAir
13427 SK-00013512 TZSky

Finally, I clicked on ‘Close/Save’ button (at the top of the ‘Weather Station Type Selection’ window), close Weather Display and then re-started Weather Display. Weather Display was now getting data from the WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station.

Brian, if I may, I would like to ask a few questions about this integration:

• Where does Weather Display gets its data - I presume it is through downloads from the WeatherFlow API?
  • How often is the data downloaded/updated?
  • Can/could the data be downloaded/obtained directly from the local WeatherFlow hub?

Once again, thank you for an easy and great integration.

Now I just need some favorable weather (cooler temperatures) and some assistance (preferably human) to install both the ‘Sky’ and the ‘Air’ units at their best/proper locations… :frowning:

by default it gets the data via UDP from the HUB (i.e via your wifi)
if that is not set then it gets the data from the weather flow server

history data (if you have the switch on in the data logger setup) is from the weatherflow server

I’ve finally gotten my Weatherflow station setup and testing it with WD. It seems that I can only get it to work if I set my Weatherflow station to Public, though? I have the UDP option enabled in cronweather, but as soon as I toggle off the Public option it stops working. Toggling Public back on returns everything to working.

I can only suggest asking weatherflow about that

Not quite sure I understand your response so I just want to clarify and make sure I follow you…as far as you are aware WD should be able to read via UDP while Public sharing is disabled?

you need to ask weatherflow that Q
that is what I am saying

(I am not sure why anyone would not want the public sharing enabled personally )

I hope it’s not too off-topic. I got my WF station. Out of curiosity I’ve set up a WD (different PC than for my original Davis setup) to check how it works. Two observations:

• The wind data does not get updated every 3 seconds but sometimes it just freezes for e.g. 10 seconds. I’ve been visually comparing the public link from the WF server to the WD display.
  • I can’t (don’t know) download the history data

I have a latest Mac version of WD trial version. My Mac is in the same Wifi as the WF and I set the WD to read the local UDP (not the web). For getting the history data, I’ve entered the station ID, restarted WD and tried with a “Data logger” switch Enabled.
It’s not a big issue I just wanted to do a side by side test with Davis.

are you talking about the mac version?

Yes, it

With the mac version, it’s the separate
Cronweatherflow app that you need to first
Monitor /check

I’ve tried with a Win7 version now and confirm it works nicely!