website creation questions

if you are using the customise internet and file creation setup then post some screen shots of that
or email me your settings files

Now I have the opposite problem, it is uploading the custom webfiles but nothing else.

though the page says it was updated at 8:10 pm the weather conditions still say early morning. And the next update tag stopped working either when I added the time and date tags before it or I updated to b81 which I did the same day…

[This page will refresh every 5 minutes]

Website should update Automatically every 10 minutes, last update: 8:10 PM 9/9/2018, next update: —
by Weather Display v10.37S b81
using a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 Plus Weather Station

NOAA warning:
Down Up Stop Top
)

AZZ544
There are no active watches, warnings or advisories

Early Morning clear
Its Early Morning,clear and it feels Caution Extreme Heat outside. The temperature has been falling for the last few hours. There is a Calm from the East north east

http://weather.scottsworld.info/index.html

can not get forecast to work, it was working but showing the Davis forecast I think. I got noaa and metar working then it quit working

5 Dayforcast:
forecast Icon
Today —

T —

T —

T —

T —

i suspect you do not have the noaa warning and noaa 5 day forecast setup correctly in WD

Pretty sure the problem is WD is not saving the file. I have seen it ftp files several times this evening, It logs into the noaa server, downloads the file, shows a progress bar, says it saved the file to d:\weatherdisplay\downloads\ But when you look in the directory there is nothing there, so there is nothing when the settings asks where the 5 day file is to point it to.

The problem with the images is after each file it is trying to upload it tries to change the directory to public_html/weather when it did that when it logged in so it is already in that directory and causes a directory not found error.

It would be very helpful to know what all the files do and are sources for creating web pages

for instace http://weather.scottsworld.info/wxlocal.html is showing a forecast for Kansas for some reason…

http://weather.scottsworld.info/climatedata.html this file is not updating

I do have a youtube video showing how to setup the 5 day forecast
but maybe you could post some screen shots of how you have that setup
also try resetting the download location

also its
http://weather.scottsworld.info/climatedataout.html

I turned the main internet switch off and later turned it on and WD started uploading everything with out putting chd after every file trying to changed the directory. Very weird, everything seems to be working now but the 5 day forecast and the UV and solar dials are not updating but the text UV and solar tags do work. Though the solarconditions tag was always saying gloomy and overcast even though there hasn’t been a cloud in the sky for days… So I removed it and the dials.

The NOAAscroll tag does not scroll, they issued an excessive heat warning for Friday and saturday so it worked for the first time. I replaced it with NOAAraw tag I believe and put it in a marquee tag, for some reason the marquee appears half a line above the NOAA warning: text which are in the same div tag and line

NOAA warning: AZZ544 Excessive Heat Warning is

changing the file name to lower case fixed it, hower the forecast looks lik this…:

expires 201809162300723253 fpus55 kpsr 160933 zfppsr zone forecast product for southwest arizonasoutheast california national weather service phoenix az 232 am mst sun sep 16 2018 this is an automatically generated product that provides average values for large geographical areas and may not be representative of the exact location that you are interested in. for a more site specific forecast, please visit weather.govphoenix and either 1 select a location from the dropdown menu above the map or 2 click a location on the map. you can refine your selection by clicking on the map displayed on the resulting page. azz537-540-544-546-548-550-551-162300- northwest valley-buckeyeavondale-deer valley-central phoenix- north phoenixglendale-scottsdaleparadise valley-east valley- south mountainahwatukee-southeast valleyqueen creek- including the cities of circle city, surprise, wittmann, beardsley, sun city west, avondale, cashion, goodyear, liberty, peoria, phoenix, paradise valley, mesa, chandler, tempe, gilbert, sun lakes, and queen creek 232 am mst sun sep 16 2018 .today…mostly sunny and hot. highs 101 to 106. southeast wind around 5 mph in the morning becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. .tonight…clear. lows 78 to 85. west wind 5 to 10 mph. .monday…sunny and hot. highs 103 to 107. southeast wind around 5 mph in the morning becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. .monday night…clear. lows 77 to 84. northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. .tuesday…mostly sunny and hot. highs 101 to 106. southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. .tuesday night…partly cloudy. lows in the mid 70s to lower 80s. .wednesday…partly sunny with a 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. not as warm. highs 95 to 100. .wednesday night…partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. cooler. lows in the upper 60s to mid 70s. .thursday…partly sunny with a 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. highs in the mid to upper 90s. .thursday night…partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. lows in the lower to mid 70s. .friday…partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. highs in the mid to upper 90s. .friday night…mostly clear with a 10 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. lows in the upper 60s to mid 70s. EXPIRES

.saturday…partly sunny. a 10 percent chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms. highs in the mid to upper 90s.

Is it possible to get the metar.txt wd produces into a page?

http://weather.scottsworld.info/metar.html

I found a replacement for the dead weather.noaa.gov metar pages

https://metar.com though sometimes it times out before loading… seems to work better on my phone than on a computer

climatedata.html you sort of gave me the impression this was the source file for climatedataout.html how ever adding my menu and code to the first did nothing to the out files…

Can we do more than 5 custom pages, I don’t see a setting for it.

http://weather.scottsworld.info/gaugesss.html

I customized the basic html 5 steel gauges file and renamed it, but the wd tags are not updating as I have not set it to be a custom file upload as I only have one left

Scott, Brian (the designer behind Weather Display) has surely other things to do (such as supporting Weather Display software) than trying to help someone, anyone, designing a weather web site.

May I suggest that you have a look at Ken True’s ‘PHP/AJAX Website Template Sets’ in order to develop a multi-page weather web site.

You could also look at ‘Weather34 Home Weather Station Dashboard Template’ for a more modern one-page weather web site.

WD can be set to parse and upload up to 40 custom web pages
re the forecast, if you add

and 
around the text then it will look better in the html page

Another two ready to install templates:
The Leuven-Template at https://support.leuven-template.eu/
My template has extensive documentation on how to install in the WiKi at https://leuven-template.eu/dokuwiki28/doku.php?id=en:start
Example site, use my own site: https://weer.sluispark.be/
Also visit the incomplete user-list and check for your area or weather-program: Support for Leuven-Template for weather-sites

Or the very impressive MeteoTemplate by Jachym.
Check it out at Meteotemplate - free weather website template where you find links to an extensive WiKi, Blog and a multi-language forum.

Wim

pre makes it one line that causes the page to scroll sideways

expires  201809202300934124 fpus55 kpsr 201426 zfppsr  zone forecast product for southwest arizonasoutheast california national weather service phoenix az 726 am mst thu sep 20 2018  this is an automatically generated product that provides average values for large geographical areas and may not be representative of the exact location that you are interested in. for a more site specific forecast, please visit weather.govphoenix and either 1 select a location from the dropdown menu above the map or  2 click a location on the map. you can refine your selection by clicking on the map displayed on the resulting page.   azz537-540-544-546-548-550-202300- northwest valley-buckeyeavondale-deer valley-central phoenix- north phoenixglendale-scottsdaleparadise valley-east valley- south mountainahwatukee- including the cities of circle city, surprise, wittmann, beardsley,  sun city west, avondale, cashion, goodyear, liberty, peoria, phoenix,  paradise valley, mesa, chandler, tempe, and gilbert 726 am mst thu sep 20 2018  .today...mostly sunny and much warmer. highs 96 to 99. west wind around 5 mph in the morning increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.  .tonight...clear. lows 71 to 77. west wind 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming southwest around 5 mph after midnight.  .friday...sunny. highs 96 to 100. southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.  .friday night...clear. lows 73 to 77. west wind 5 to 10 mph in the evening becoming north around 5 mph after midnight.  .saturday...sunny. highs 97 to 101. east wind 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.  .saturday night...clear. lows in the 70s.  .sunday...sunny. highs 98 to 102.  .sunday night...clear. lows in the 70s.  .monday...sunny. highs 98 to 103.  .monday night...clear. lows in the 70s.  .tuesday...sunny. highs 98 to 102.  .tuesday night...clear. lows in the 70s.  .wednesday...sunny. highs 100 to 103.   EXPIRES

you would need to make sure you close it with

I did, i know how to write html, HTML 5 with it’s new CSS requirements is more of a challenge… For instance the validators say align=“center” is deprecated and to use CSS. The problem is there are at least a half a dozen alignment and float positioning commands. text-align does not work on images, neither does align-item, align-content or anything else I tried. one

<div align="center"> ...</div>

would align everything from the heading, images, marquee tags, etc. One thing I tried worked on one table but not others, apparently you can float left and right but not center. Now you have to write a whole bunch of code for each item, it is stupid and annoying

The validator does not like the marque tag either, but other than saying to use css, suggests transitions and something else is a very big complicated topic and there is no easy “scoll text” command .

This really drives the validators nuts Raw weather data for first line of web for sharing raw data with others:

<div class="nd"><meta raw="" met="" data="" dry,="" 1:50="" am,09="" 22="" 18,tmp="" 23.4,hum="" 55,dew="" 13.9,wav="" 0.0,wgt="" 0.0,dir="" ese="" 102=""

A tag has to go the header, not the body of a page, and it has a limited number of accepted values.
To include arbitrary data for use in other parts of the page you could use the “data” attribute, which will pass validation.
E.g.

what setting do I need to get it to upload Wx?.html files , it is creating the files but not uploading them

I do have some you tube videos showing to get WD to create and upload custom web pages etc

The ° signs created by WD with the tags do not validate, the validator fails as soon as it gets to one saying they do not translate as any utf-8 unicode and can not proceed further.