Reading from. dat file

you seem to be getting confused between the 2 data injest types
the first screen shot is how you set it up to use the .dat file
and you can set the column for preciptitation type there

the second screen shot you posted is for if you are using cronpacbus direct communication (which you say you do not want to use now)

Ah ok, but cronpakbusnew isnt running, should i delete those values in the second picture,or not needed if cronpakbusnew isnt running?

not needed

Ok thanks.
So not related to the solar and precepitation type issue?

the rain type via the .dat file currently should show under view, debug info
it was not hooked up to the custom tag %campbellraintype%
but will be for the next update

the raw solar value you should be able to get via the custom tags for solar OK
i had not made that info available to above the windspeed but I could add that

Great, im looking forward for the update then :smiley:
Much appreciated Brian, thank you :smiley:

I just see under view, debug info there is a message list “rain type 0” updating every second, is that Ok?

you hardly give me time to even think with your fast replies, your killing me here
try a new .zip update
no guarantees
also you should set the data logger type to file input in the second screen shot you posted

Sorry, no hurry, im just a enthusiast wd user :smiley:

update is running. i see the solar is working now, which is great.
i noticed the precepitation type isnt shown in the pic below, is that ok?
and i noticed almost every minute change, it takes about 5-7 seconds to start flowing data again.

Hi Brian, good morning :smiley:

I just noticed when i choose the file input option, it doesnt save that setting.
When i reopen it, its always set to CR200…
I dont know if thats the cause of the above?

the next update of WD will fix that

make sure in the wdisplay.ini file
that
[Hawk settings]
device typenew=0

device type=0

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.
I checked the wdisplay.ini file, they were set to 0.

Hi Brian,

Im running latest update, but no change unfortunately.
I noticed the following:

1 The file input selection still doesnt save.
2 The minute change takes aproximately 5-7 seconds.
3 The rain amount isnt correct, on mainscreen and in the custom log file, see attached picture.
4 The max and min time values on the mainscreen from all weather data are all one minute before the actual
Time max/min values.
5 the solar value on the mainscreen is showing 1.5 w/m2 at night, while the solar source (the .dat file) is actually zero.

One minor thing, but maybe related to an error: the data received box on the mainscreen is always red.
Maybe because of an error on my side?

IMG_20180907_034128.jpg

Hi Brian, good afternoon.

I have checked all my settings and with my little knowledge i hope i have set up WD ok.
But i may have missed a setting #-o i dont know of :oops: perhaps…?

With kindest regards.

…i tried as a test to run cronpakbus.exe manually after WD started.
Cronpakbusnew isnt getting data but wd is faster in the minute change, it takes now around 2-3 seconds.
Will keep an eye on the issues mentioned previously, they maybe solved when cronpakbusnew is running along with WD while its not getting data…

With kind regards.

Hi Brian,

im running WD fine, but only with cronpakbusnew along with it, otherwise the minutechange take 5-7 seconds.
With cronpakbusnew running at the same time it takes 1-2 seconds.
Is it possible to have WD running fine without having to run cronpakbusnew along with WD?

Just 4 issues keeps popping up:

• the solar live data on the mainscreen above the winddials keeps displaying 1.5 w/m2 at night, while the source is 0.
  • the data received coloured box on the mainscreen WD is always red, not showing green flashing.
  • The rain amount isnt good, it somtimes differ 1mm a day, compared to the source (.dat file)
  • The file input option still cant be changed to file input, its always set to CR200 on re-opening it.

With kind regards.

Hi Brian,

Sorry to bring this up again, but im still having those symptoms mentioned above unfortunately…

Sorry to bring this up again :oops:
But im still having these issues.

With kind regards.

…i think the rain amount issue is related to the delay in the minute change.
its missing catching data at that time.

Nevermind.
I manually set the raintotals at the end of each day with rain. :roll:

re the solar, maybe you have set a solar offset?
the data received not going green is just a minor cosmetic issue…wont affect anything…but I can fix

The file input option still cant be changed to file input, its always set to CR200 on re-opening it.
do you mean you need to use the file input option? (i.e set to use the logfile created by the campbell scientific software....which if that is the case then cronpakbus does not need to run I would have thought