WXSIM 2018, Build 1.2

I’ve created a new version (2018, Build 1.2) which I think corrects a problem involving unwanted .csv files being archived, and it also adds max solar radiation to latestdaily.csv, right before the max UV column. I’ve noted that this (and the max UV) are in fact “smoothed” values, meaning they don’t take into account the sun peeking in and out of clouds.

I haven’t yet wrapped it into an installer or made it official. I’d like it tested out a bit first. The new .exe is at

www.wxsim.com/wxsim.exe

Let me know how it goes!

Tom

Actually updated it again a few minutes after that post (this one at 3:15 PM EDT), to correct an issue with the solar panel data in latestdailysolar.csv. It now properly leaves out data from the calibration run.

Hey Tom,

Got your note right before my 2:15 run so I was able to test it out.

Looks like you hit a home run!!! The 2 “f*.csv” files are no more and you got Solar Radiation in the latestdaily.csv. It’s values match the maximum daily values from lastret exactly almost each day of the forecast. That’s great!

Thanks so much for taking care of these issues.

Steve

Tom,

I’ve downloaded the latest “wxsim.exe” version but when I try to install it I get a “wxsim error 53”. I’m stuck. Can’t upgrade for some reason. I’ve rebooted the pc and tried a 2nd and 3rd time but no go.

Jeff

I’m guessing you may have downloaded the file into some other folder besides c:\wxsim. Make sure you direct the download to c:\wxsim, and then Windows will ask you for permission to overwrite the existing file of the same name. If Windows doesn’t bug you about that, the file landed somewhere else and is “orphaned”, with no initialization files to look at.

All ok now. I wasn’t installing the updated version in the “WxSim” folder. Duh …

Thanks for the version update Tom. I’ll test regarding my solar energy forecasting either tomorrow or Monday. I just ran a forecast with the new version and it was forecasting 3.23 kWh at 5:30 pm with about 1.5 hours left of solar production. Sounds reasonable. Yesterday at this time the forecast number was ~ 45 kWh. Whoa. Looks like that you’ve made the necessary changes.

Thanks for your support. Much appreciated! =D>

Here’s a link to my page solar energy page … http://indiantrailweather.com/wxsolarenergy.php