Rain Totals all over the place

Hi, lately my rain totals are all wrong…
It shows me having 5 inches rain today and it’s 5 am and hasn’t rained all night.

My Accurite display is correct but WD is not…

I am running the latest version: 10.37s80
Thanks…
Dominick

is this WD set up as an Acurite station (and so getting data from the acurite.exe program)?

Having same issue here, but I am at 10.37S b73. Just updated several weeks ago and now rain totals are way off. showing 7.58 inches today, but we only had around .25" Using Davis WMII

@xebron, you have a different weather station type, so its not likely to be the same problem
(only thing I can suggest for you is to check you have the correct rain gauge (tip amount) selected)

It’s setup as the Ultimeter/Accurite in settings in WD
No Brian…It’s using only the WD program like it always does…

Also, I am not getting notices of your replies to me and that’s why I am late replying…

it will be using the separate running acurite.exe program to get data into WD
what shows for the rain total in that program?

My Accurite display is plugged right into my USB on my PC…
My Accurite display console is displaying the right info…

IE: Today—NO RAIN on Accurite display Console
IE: Today…WD shows for today…4.78 " rain

I am not meaning the display
I am meaning the separate running acurite.exe program

Yes, the Accurite.exe is running as a process and as the VIS reader for Accurite USB
Here’s a screenshot

acurite.exe is the VIS reader program
what shows in that program for rain totals

Here’s a screenshot…

VIS.JPG

are the rain totals correct in that program for month/year?
if so then I could add option to use that programs rain totals (instead of WD storing its own rain totals)
I would need a copy of your wdisplayftp.reg file (zipped and emailed to me)

They seem to be correct…
What folder is the ‘wdisplayftp.reg’ file in?

there is a FAQ on how to get the settings files to me

I just sent them…

i am currently using the software as a stationless and getting data from WU. My rain totals are all over the place also. I have a plugin (Weather Station) I am using on my weather site and it is showing correct rain totals with the same data from WU.

Another thing I am having a problem with is the Ambient.net stuff. Have the API and even the MAC address in and it is not grabbing the data when I check the Ambient under stationless.

I am on version 10.37S76 and using the Ambient WS-2092 Osprey.

[quote author=Blake link=topic=66983.msg538369#msg538369 date=1535741318]
i am currently using the software as a stationless and getting data from WU. My rain totals are all over the place also. I have a plugin (Weather Station) I am using on my weather site and it is showing correct rain totals with the same data from WU.

Well, mine is stuck on showing yesterday total at 7.78"
The other rain measurements seem to be working…I’m not sure anymore…

I’m sending data to WU

a bit confusing when you quote some text that is not yours and then add some text that is yours…its hard to know which is whos

for the previous poster Blake
what are you entering as the apikey (and note that you do not need to set a Mac address (that is optional only, as it notes…that is just for if you have more than one station) and also note that there is an option there to use the rain totals from the ambient server…so I would tick that setting (in a recent update of WD)

re Banyarola, re yesterday rain, is WD running all time time. i.e was it running at the rain reset time?

I tried it without the mac address and still got no data from Ambient. I double checked my API and copied and pasted it again (no extra spaces) to make sure.

The WU thing, Weather Display saying the rain is several inches more than what WU actually shows.Only happens when it rains. I updated to the newest WD and did not have the problem before that.

re the ambientweather. net, email me your api key and i will test/check here
re using WU data, what version did you update from (the more info you can provide the better)