2nd WD crash

Hi

I’ve always had running 2 WDs (one with Davis station and the other with Oregon WMR100N) without problems until today that Windows 10 has been updated with a security update (Version 1803 KB4100347).

After update reboots I’ve started Davis WD normally but when I’ve started Oregon WD a crash window has appeared (see attachment).

I’ve removed wdisplay2.ini (actually cut & paste) and tried to run but with no success. Also I’ve tried to start it alone (not starting Davis WD) but no success.

Something’s wrong with that Windows Update ?

WDcrash.jpg

try also deleting the wdisplayftp2.ini settings file in the registry

No success

Doe you have any custom images on the WD main screen on either?

Not that I know of…

Does it crash straight away?

There could be a corrupt image that is causing this, i saw something similar on another forum hence mentioning the custom image, have you tried reinstalling WD (Full version not zip)

Another thing to check is the images in both wd main folder and the webfiles folder and download folder if the latter is in use, the way to do this is 1, set the folder to view icons and not list, then scroll through and check that all images look ok, 2, check the image sizes to make sure none have a size that looks incorrect, e.g 1kb when it should be at least 10kb, this is not an infallible way but it can be a quick way to go through them.

Thanks for trying to help

I’ve tried a fresh Oregon WD install with no result. I don’t have custome images in any of the both WDs.

Bar progress at startup is stopped in the attachment (Loading settings). If this startup can be dumped on a file… just let me know to do it

bar progress.jpg

You need Brian for that but I bet there is a corrupt image.

email me your settings files
the wdisplay2.ini and wdisplayftp2.reg files, zipped, after going action, back up registry entry now, in WD

Fixed