PurpleAir Integration and Display (Solved).

Brian, other than updating Weather Display to the latest releases (build 78 and build 79), nothing has been changed within the Weather Display directory nor with any of Weather Display settings.

The other day I noticed that the PurpleAir data was not being displayed on the graphic on the Weather Display main screen - nor is any data displayed in the ‘Extra/Misc/Custom Screen Settings’ window, in the ‘Purpleair’ tab.

In the ‘Purpleair Air Quality Sensor’ window, there is a check mark in front of the ‘Enable’ option and there is the number ‘1256’ in the box in front of the ‘Sensor ID’ option.

The setting for the PurpleAir have not been modified in months - the sensor ID has been the same for months (1256 for Tzouhalem/Maple Bay).

When the ‘Test’ button is clicked, the three dashes beside ‘Particle 2.5’ disappear and the three dashes beside ‘AQI’ change to 0.0.

Both ‘airquality.txt’ and ‘airquality2.txt’ are produced regularly as expected with the most recent data. Both the ‘aqi.jpg’ and ‘aqichart.jpg’ graphics images are also produced but have no value.

What or where should I check next?

I’m pretty much in same boat. I’ve tried the long sensor Id from the local sensor json aa well as the 4 digit sensor Id from purple’s json.
My AQI remains at zero and with the fires and smoke in the region, my purple readings are 190-220 for 2.5 on the Purple map.

I did add support for a 2nd sensor
so maybe that has upset something

its not clear though if the auto updates are working still (and its just the manual update that is not)

I need someone to email the files
airquality2.txt
and
airquality.txt

from the webfiles folder

something might have changed in the format

Brian, as I wrote in the previous message, the data files ‘airquality.txt’ and ‘airquality2.txt’ and the graphic images ‘aqi.jpg’ and ‘aqichart.jpg’ are automatically being produced at regular intervals.

Only the data files seem to be updated with new information. Since something seems to be broken inside Weather Display, the graphic images are produced but not updated with new information.

You do know that you can view the data coming out of your PurpleAir sensor directly through your browser (without the need to load the map). :wink:

• to view your sensor’s control panel: http://{sensor local IP address}
  • to view the JSON data file produced by your sensor: http://{sensor local IP address}/json

looks like the problem is an extra decimal place is now in use
you will need to use a new .zip update of WD to support that, ready to download now
(i.e not related to using the latest version of WD, older versions would not work with this change that has been made)

no response from anyone (emails or similar)
so can only presume its OK now

Hey, wait a bit… Not all of us are on New Zealand daylight saving time… :lol:

Some of us (such as myself) insist on remaining on standard time… 8)

Plus, one of us (at least myself) is a ‘night owl’, meaning that I am usually sleeping when most of the people in my timezone are up and working … one of the benefit of being retired… :wink:

Oh, I almost forgot why I was answering you message… :dontknow:

By the way, the modification from single decimal digit to double decimal digits seems to have solved the ‘situation’ within Weather Display. :thumbright:

But, is Weather Display ready for triple decimal digits? :roll:

yes, I did future it a bit more :wink:

Confirmed that s80 with putting the purple json 4 digit sensor Id works. Website now looks good for AQI.

https://weather.k7ler.com