Missing WD desktop on Windows 10

Here is a strange one. My Windows 10 will not display the main WD image on the screen. It is running and data is being sent to the internet etc. I have the small icon in the taskbar and if I point to it a small image appears showing the main image but is too small to really make things out. All other programs can be started like MS Edge and display normally. As it stands I cannot make any changes to WD. Has anybody any idea why this has happened? Is there perhaps a setting in a file that I might try to modify within the WD program. All this happened overnight after a Win10 update and continued after a restart. I tried updating WD from 77 to 79 (full update) without any success.

is there an icon running in the system tray?
have you tried clicking on that?
the problem might be also that WD is opening off screen

I’m pretty much getting the same thing. I updated to latest version and now WD starts in a minimized state and remains on the task bar, which it will not open up to show the main screen.

It is functioning though as far as I can tell.

There is an icon in system tray but clicking on it doesn’t do anything.

Although I updated to b79 it was doing it on my last build 77 (99% sure).

Just wondering if there is a setting to run minimised but I now have no way of checking that.

Just had a careful look at the WDISPLAY config without touching anything and I noticed this entry:

[Last screen position]
left=0
top=-32000

remove that whole left negative value setting line
from the wdisplay.ini settings file

when WD is not running

That worked. Thanks Brian