Runtime error

After I had updated rainfall figures in Rain to Date window,then click ok, WD crashed with this message:

Exception EAccessViolation in module weatherdisplay at 000000000206683A.
Access violation at address 000000000206683A, accessing address 0000000000000000.
Exception EAccessViolation in module weatherdisplay at 0000000000B2B2AE.
Access violation at address 0000000000B2B2AE, accessing address 0000000000000018.
Runtime error 217 at 0000000000581A78

what how and where did you get to that input window exactly?

I clicked on an area of the Rainfall part of the WD window or whatever it is called, then the Rain to Date window appeared. Then I just started entering the rainfall figures for the last few months, then for all of 2107.

you are going to have to be a lot more specific than that for me to be able to help
screen shots?

Ok, leave it with me and Il do what I can.

Ok, WD was uploading data to Weather Cloud, then crashed.

Why the image turned itself upside down beats me! but hope you can see what it says

linux should have a print screen ability I would think
rather than taking a photo of the desktop

A screenshot showing the runtime error. As far as I can say, Weather Cloud was running as well, and probably uploading data.
This happened while I was in bed, so I cannot be certain

that shows WD is still running, or?

I restarted WD after the error message, that’s why it looks as though WD is “still” runnuning.

Anyway, WD has locked up on a couple of ocassions since that last post of mine, and without any error message or information whatsoever.

what things do you have WD doing?
you could try with as a test starting with WD just getting data from the station
and then if that is OK then slowly add things /functions that you need…until you find something that is upsetting it…so can try and pint point where the problem might be

Q: how much memory does your linux box have?

WD was uploading data to weather cloud only, as well as reading data from my Davis station.

Actually after a few lockups i day at the weekend I stopped using WD as a test to see how my CCTV program was doing, as it also crashed when WD did. Anyway the CCTV program ran for 2 days without a problem, so I then tried to load WD, but as it was loading , it just stalled. The computer locked up and and I could not do anything at all with it, apart from a hard reset.

Apart from the errors I have already posted, I have no ideas as to why WD won’t run continuosly.

The said ubuntu machine has 4Gb of memory and the graphics card has 2Gb if that helps or not

maybe look to see if you can update the usb driver?

Presently I have libusb-0.1-4, installed version 2:0.1.12-31,

What version do you have on your ubuntu machine

i am meaning the davis silicon labs usb driver for linux