Davis vantage pro 2 USB logger alternative

Geoff, I have the ‘WiFiLogger’ installed inside my VantagePro2 console.

The data from the ‘WiFiLogger’ is sent wirelessly to a modem/router - I think the range is about 10 meters (not sure, I have not tested it).

For the Weather Display software, the data from the ‘WiFiLogger’ is read the same way as the data from the Davis Instruments WeatherLinkIP Data Logger is read, by querying its network address (such as, for example, 192.168.1.15) and the port that has been assigned in the settings of the ‘WiFiLogger’ (such as, for example, 22222). The advantage with the ‘WiFiLogger’ is that Weather Display does not have to share its access time - Weather Display can have full access to the ‘WiFiLogger’.

By the way, by itself, the ‘WiFiLogger’ can send (export) data to the ‘WeatherLink’, ‘Weather Underground’, ‘Personal Weather Station’, ‘Met Office WOW’, ‘AWEKAS’, and ‘Citizen Weather Observer Program’ sites.

If you have other questions concerning the ‘WiFiLogger’, just ask … I will try to give you the best answers using the knowledge I have acquired over the past months… :wink: