Hidden control panel and view panel

Hello Peeps

Been using WD since it first came out and never really had any issues. I have upgraded to a new PC and installed and registered the latest version. I have a load of data files to load but I just cannot receive the above two panels.

If I click on the corresponding menu tab, it just dings at me. The reason is that it is already open. U can see if I alt and tab. I try and release on it but it fails to bring up the window. I have used win 10 task manager and tried to just shut down the control panel instance, this does not work either. I am going to carry on tinkering but any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers Guys

Matthew

Ha fixed. If you use task manager and find the view panel or control panel instance and right click, select Maximise, it brings the screen to the front and you can close it and it works OK then selecting it from the menu tabs. Minimise it, back to square one so I have to view those panels maximised but obviously not an issue.

likely to be a problem with the settings for last placement and or size of the control and view panels
you can reset those

in the wdisplay.ini settings file, when WD is not rnning
delete the
[control panel]
and
[view panel]

entries