Rain to date display error

Yes I do and I am in Aus as well. I suspect that is relevant as people in other countries do not seem to have the issue.
See my posts in http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/66516
Ian

I have been using ver 96

I was unaware of a rain days problem so I don’t know.
Ian

I had done testing for midnight reset and that works OK now
but I had not tested for aus 9am reset
i will do some testing of that

At last … first rain for month and good rain [ more to come ] -helped put out 3 bush fires in southern WA…
attached screen shot from this morning and one date /day error appears to be fixed (?) in an update , tho double first is still showing…
Also note that rainfall total of 25.2 on 6/6 [Thursday] should be recorded as being on 7/6 Friday with BoM reset at 0900

Another minor glitch with rain data

7 day 12 june.jpg

I think you need to check the rain values in the 62019lg.txt around the end of the day and correct if needed for those days then convert logfile to graph
the daily values in the detailed rain (your second image) are stored in the datafile

i have now fixed a bug with the Aus 9am rain reset option for the change in month rain
in build 99
so make sure to update to that before the end of the month 8O

Brian
Have updated to 99 … will advise
cheers

Brian
Have installed ver 99 as per previous post and can not see any correction for Australian rain recording standard

WD Rain 30-6.jpg

rain 30-6.jpg

" it is “zeroed” at 0900 each day ( but recorded for previous day …?? )

Wombat
You are correct

Brian
In relation to previous post, Please see chart attached …
Rainfall for month of June as of this morning totals 200.2 mmm for June by adding up individual amounts on "detailed Rain Chart
however the total indicated on chart is only 76.4mm ???

John

Hi John,
I have 106.9 on main screen.
106.9 on Seven Day Rain
76.5 (a remarkable coincidence with you!) in the detailed rain. It also happens to be identical with the total shown for last month (May) which is 0.1 different to the daily add up! If I add up the daily amounts for June I get 107.2 which is close to correct but 0.3 out.
Not sure how I am going to sort this out even when the bug is fixed!
I also have a BOM standard tipping gauge installed to BOM specifications and a manual gauge next to it for gross error checking.
Ian

the month rain total is what is shown and or can be edited under view, rain chart (i.e its a separate running total and not the each day total (in theory they should match but might depend on start and end times)

Brian

Attached screen shots from this morning 1 July …
Note the date on 7 day rainfall screen is still not fixed as it is showing Sunday 1st July and not 30th as it should with Monday 1st ??
Also the Detailed rain for month is not showing the rainfall for 30 of 0.8 mm as per example with correct addition on previous post ??

7 day rain 1 july.jpg

Wombat

How do you get an odd decimal

When I said BOM standard I meant diameter. It is a Rainwise tipping gauge with a .25mm tip and then there’s rounding to 1 dec. place.
At least I recall it as .25mm as it has been working for around 10 years now and I can’t quickly find the setting in WD to check
Ian

Brian

see attached screen dump

Same here Brian, still two first of month days with build 99