Rain to date display error

Brian
possible cause to problem could be as follows… for some reason if data from Davis VP is not downloaded to computer / WD pgm, next time it is downloaded the dates on 7 day rainfall screen are corrupted.

Brian
The monthly / yearly rainfall totals are not showing on screen and rain chart totals

Rain B.jpg

Have Updated to WD 90
No change to previous post
John Y

It’s not very clear to me what part
Of the previous post is still a problem
Note you can set the needed year rain total
Under control panel, offsets and initial rain

Rain for Jan was displayed as it should on main screen when it fell and totals were correct

Brian
7 Day rainfall window problem looks like a problem if computer that runs WD has a power failure, and then turned on some time later

Brian
it has happened again

do you mean this is happening with when WD is getting the history data from the data logger?
(what weather station type again?)

Brian
Could be

[quote author=Ex-Whr link=topic=66940.msg544516#msg544516 date=1552954164]
exactly 7 days low but correct day

I see what the problem is, hopefully
WD is using the current time/date instead of the time/date from the history data, when doing/checking the last 7 days data reset (i.e what day to reset etc)
try this new update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

Have updated with your file as per email …
date and day are currently correct for 16 through 20 and first two are 7/8 th for last Thusday / Friday…
will see what happens IF we get another power fail …
cheers

Brian

Brian
attached are screen shots of 7 day rain screen for yesterday and today … Note the discrepancy of date / dates…
from Saturday 30th on march screen … ALL ates / days correct … to this mornings screen where saturday is correct but sunday is now 24th [ 1 week early out of date ] and Thursday is now 1 April instead of Sunday being 31st of March …??

… and NO this is not an april fools joke… …unless the program knows about these things …

Brian
There is still a problem with rainfall data recording as can bee seen on screen capture attached …
Rain is incorrectly recorded on 19th as 4.6 on 7 day screen and correctly recorded on detailed rain chart screen on 20th…
Rainfall is recorded at 0900 hrs on that day for previous 24 hr period [ by BoM Aust. and I assume NZ whr as well ]
I am using WD ver 96 as can bee seen at top of screen dump.

I assume other Australian users are having same problem as well

Forgot to add that in previous post screen dump

Brian

Brian
Still problems with 7 day rain fall window

Screen shot of 7 day rainfall today @ 13:34 2 June 19

Yes I do and I am in Aus as well. I suspect that is relevant as people in other countries do not seem to have the issue.
See my posts in http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/66516
Ian