Pakbus

My WD version 10.37570 Stopped working this afternoon when it would not ingest data from my Campbell Scientific CR10x. Instead I get a couple of screens showing Pakbus Cron, which I have never had beforE and have never used. Within the Setup of the station I can download data by the Test button but none will show in the station front end, just errors every second. The data logger is working perfectly as it downloads data to the RTMC runtime program in Loggernet. I am also seeeing a Campbell Scientific Setup screen which appears to be asking for data I do not have like Logger address .

Any help or understanding would be appreciated.

Mike

PS sorry if this is not as clear as it might be but I am still quite ill

do you mean WD should be using a data file updated by the campbell scientific software?
(and so not use the cronpakbus to get the data directly)

As far as I am aware that is how it works. Loggernet creates a file which is read by WD and then the values are placed in the appropriate fields in WD. It should not be using pakbus as frankly I have no idea wha5 it is.

Mike

i suspect you might have changed a setting some where
try this
exit WD
then in the wdisplay.ini settings file
find
[Hawk settings]
device type=
device typenew=

and change both of those to 0

Thank you sir, I shall try that now. Sleep is optional at the moment.

Mike

I have tried to change those settings but they do not exist in my wdisplay.ini file

Mike

I have found them , but they were already marked as 0.

Mike

I have also deleted the wdisplay.ini file altogether and restarted WD. Again no change. Data arrives using the Test button in Campbell setup, but nothing showing in screen. I have also upgraded to the current version, but no change.

Mike

ideally I need a copy of your input data file being used

and your settings file

I think that I have got it working again. I deleted the wdisplay.ini file and rebuilt it from scratch as though it were a new install. Apart from the obviously rubbish data that is now in the system it seems to be downloading it as it should. Many thanks for your help on this, it really is appreciated.

Mike