I Can't Upload to Awekas - SOLVED

When I copy the line at the bottom of the Awekas setup page in WD to my browser and send that it goes through.

When I click on the Send Awekas Direct Now button in the Awekas setup page in WD nothing goes through.

The automatic uploads do not go through.

I downloaded the new update and got the following error:

truncated gzip input

The program runs, but still does not upload to Awekas, either manual or auto.

Randy

Given that the wdisplayftpaw.ini file is not for Awekas, there is no wdisplayftpXXX.ini file for Awekas in home/randy/Documents/wdisplay

Randy

This is what I get in the terminal with the new upload:

randy@randy-linux2 ~/wdisplay $ sudo ./weatherdisplay
sh: 1: ././cronwu: Permission denied
sh: 1: ././cronawekas: not found
sh: 1: ././croncwop: Permission denied

Randy

There is no cronawekas file in home/randy/wdisplay

Randy

my bad
it should be
cronaw

what happens when you run that (sudo ./cronaw)

cronatw is for anything weather

and yes you should see the settings in
wdisplayftpaw.ini

I have the flu and am not feeling very well, not that anyone will care, so you are just going to have to put up with me today, sorry

When I run sudo ./cronaw, I get:

Awekas data send failed

There are no settings in wdisplayftpaw.ini. I’ve attached it again so you can see what is in it. I had to rename it as a text file so I could upload it, but it is identical to the original. There is no url in it.

Sorry you’ve got the flu. I recommend lemon juice, honey and whisky in equal parts. It won’t cure you, but you won’t care.

Randy

wdisplayftpaw.ini.txt (120 Bytes)

I will do some testing here
as a test
if you copy the url info from the wdisplayftp.ini file to that ini file
and then run cronaw
does it work?

the wife has been feeding me lemon drinks, bless her

I have tested here and do see that the data is not written to the needed ini file
strange
I will investigate

I found the problem (silly error)
use another new update, ready now

The latest new update also did not work. I get the following in the terminal when I run WD:

randy@randy-linux2 ~ $ cd wdisplay
randy@randy-linux2 ~/wdisplay $ sudo ./weatherdisplay
[sudo] password for randy:
sh: 1: Syntax error: “&” unexpected
program execute location /home/randy/wdisplay/
location of ini files via location.txt /home/randy/Documents/wdisplay/
status 0
connected to CWOP server Ok
status 0
cwop sending user DW7210 pass -1 vers wxdisplay 10.37linux296
status 0
cwop sending DW7210>APRS,TCPIP*:@192224z3151.25N/10631.47W_280/005g010t095r000p006P000b10152h21.WD 31
status 0
WU data to send http://weatherstation.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=KTXELPAS15&PASSWORD=*********&dateutc=2018-08-19+22%3A25%3A00&winddir=277&windspeedmph=2&windgustmph=10&humidity=22&tempf=95.5&rainin=0.00&baromin=29.980&dewptf=50.6&weather=FEW&clouds=&dailyrainin=0.00&soiltempf=&soilmoisture=&leafwetness=&softwaretype=WeatherDisplay%3A10.37linux&action=updateraw
Wunderground data send Ok 16:25:01
Hamweather data to send http://www.pwsweather.com/pwsupdate/pwsupdate.php?ID=KD5MEO&PASSWORD=************&dateutc=2018-08-19+22%3A30%3A00&winddir=235&windspeedmph=2.3&windgustmph=8.1&humidity=21&tempf=96.2&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.000&monthlyrainin=0.693&yearlyrainin=2.421&baromin=29.977&dewptf=49.9&weather=&clouds=FEW&solarradiation=&UV=&softwaretype=WeatherDisplay%3A10.37linux&action=updateraw
Hamweather data send Ok 16:30:10

Everything is uploading except Awekas.

BUT, if I copy the url from wdisplayftp.ini to wdisplayftpaw.ini and run sudo ./cronaw, it uploads successfully. However, the next scheduled auto upload does not go through. Does this help?

Randy

P.S. I understand that zinc is beneficial for viral respiratory infections.

is the url in the wdisplayftpaw.ini not being copied auto there automaticly do you mean?
what is the exact difference, etc?

I copied (as root) the url from wdisplayftp.ini to wdisplayftpaw.ini. It’s ugly, but it’s there. I have attached wdisplayftpaw.ini as a text file. Now, any time I do sudo ./cronaw, the data uploads successfully. However, if I let WD do the auto uploads at 10 minute intervals, I get the message in terminal “Awekas upload failed”. The url is permanently in wdisplayftpaw.ini, although, as I said, it is not pretty. I don’t know enough to edit it, so I left it alone.

wdisplayftpaw.ini.txt (315 Bytes)

The error line I get in the terminal when WD tries to automatically upload to Awekas is:

Could that refer to the question mark in the url? What might replace it? Or am I just blowing smoke?

Randy

ah, I had added & to the command to auto run the cron file
but it looks like I should not have
I will remove that and then lets if it works

new update ready

Success! Thank you!

Now just one question. Should WD be sending my password instead of the hash? Or does it not matter?

Anyway, thanks again, it’s working now.

Randy

if you have set to use direct, then it should be sending the hash (MD5) I would think

OK. It is. Everything looks good.

Randy

:cheers: