Indoor temp and humidity on latest version

Brian I finally updated my WD from the R version to the latest. I am running an Acurite 1035 station. I am still using an old version of the acurite.exe file that works in USB mode 3 and supplies the indoor temperature and humidity data. Indeed the old version of WD read this and displayed it properly.

The latest version of WD that I downloaded today does not read the indoor temp/humidity. The data should still be available to it since the acurite.exe program version I am running has not changed. Has the latest WD simply eliminated updating the indoor data for Acurite stations since the latest VIS readers don’t supply it? I would like to continue to use the old reader and getting indoor data if that can be fixed.

ah, I will need to check up on that
if you could .zip and email me your settings file
wdisplayftp.reg
after going action, back up registry entry now in WD, from the databack up folder
I will see about getting it working

I sent the email. Thanks!

I replied to your email, need more info :wink:

I sent you what I could find as well as some speculation on what the problem might be. It may be that some “IF” statements could be used to detect what the reader is returning for these values and decide if they are valid. Or possibly look at the reader version number and decide how to process the data.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this. It isn’t the end of the world if the capability isn’t restored but it would be nice. I much prefer the old simple reader to the latest offerings from VIS. It does the job of feeding WeatherDisplay which is all most of us want or need!

I sent you another note. The indoor temp appears to work with the latest reader and I can live without the humidity. My bad for not updating everything.