VP2 Console - Updating Time from WD

It looks like my VP2 console loses a couple of minutes a week.

I thought I have WD configured to update it daily (see screenshot) but the time doesn’t update.

It would be helpful to have a button on the screen to immediately update the console to the current PC time with an option to repeat daily.

I have a program that runs on the PC every morning that updates the PC to an internet time standard and is within a second of my GPS clock.

The “Test” button does that.

with an option to repeat daily.

The check box does that.

I don’t know why it’s not working for you, it’s worked for ever for me :?

What logger do you have?

I’ve got the Davis IP logger.

When I was checking it last night, the ‘Set’ button didn’t set the time - no ‘Success’ message. Just now, it did and the VP2 console updated to the PC time by 2 minutes.

Also, the settable times on the left edge are static when you open the page. If I get distracted for a minute or two, it’ll set the time to what’s displayed, not the current PC time. I kind of wish pressing the ‘Set’ button would fetch the actual current PC time.

I’m not sure why the auto function doesn’t doesn’t seem to work on a daily basis.

I’ll keep an eye on it.

Hmmm, the IP logger isn’t always paying attention to WD so maybe that’s the problem. I only have serial loggers and it works like “clockwork” :slight_smile:

yes, its not as reliable for the IP data logger

How about adding an option to kick it a few times a day to give it a better chance with the WLIP?

+1 on that!

I will see about adding that to my list of things