Rain totals seem to accumulate when internet connection goes down

Hi Brian,

I am using the Ambient/Weather Ranger station option in WD 10.37 build 73. All is well, apart from two occasions now when I get heavy rainfall overnight, and the next morning I find I have crazy high rainfall figures.

E.g this morning the actual overnight rainfall was 3.6mm (cross checked on the actual ObserverIP unit) but WeatherDisplay had recorded it accumulating - I have attached a pic of the graph for last night.

The totals on the ObserverIP seem to be OK/accurate. One interesting thing is that my Internet connection failed around the same time until I could reset it this morning.

Kind regards

Ian.

Graph.PNG

not sure what or why that has happened at this stage

I’ll try and capture the settings prior to fixing it if it happens again…

Hi Brian,

Have been monitoring and have found the cause - cannot see why its happening though.

Every time the unit loses internet connectivity, the rain totals in WD accumulate constantly every 20 minutes until the internet connection is restored. The totals in the unit, viewed from the web page appear to be correct however. the only way I can show this is in the graph (attached). Each time this happens it blows out my monthly/yearly/all time records and I have to reset them.

In the graph the internet went out after 1am, and I restored connectivity after 6am.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ian.

can you remind me again how you have WD setup to get data from your station?
(post a screen shot of the weather station type setup)

See attached, apologies for the delay. Have also just noticed today that the wind speed shown in WD is way too high

(We don’t get high wind often here in Ellerslie so hadn’t noticed until now) - is this possibly a conversion problem? The WS1401 is configured for Km/h

Regards,

Ian.

re windspeed, WD expects the data to be in mph
if you change the display to mph, does that change the data into WD?

for the rain when no internet connection
try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

I thought this might be the case - all of the settings are configured for metric, I have changed Wind to mph to see if there is any difference in the right direction (speedwise)

Many thanks, for the test file - will test and get back to you.