Correcting Data

I am having problems with trying to correct or remove duff data in WD. If I go to View/ Averages/Extremes and then select Correct/ Check Data, I can then load a given months data. However, when I then try to delete or modify the data, the Save Changes button does not appear to work. I am using Version 10.37S76 on Windows 10.

Came across an old post of yours, Brian, from way back in 2006.

Update:
New way to correct the data (with the very latest update version of WD)
:
i have it where you can set the actual rain total to use
so you can actualy set/corret the daily rain total in the data…and also that used for the averages/extremes (as now when you click on save data, it also updates the averages/extreme month stamped datafile (so now its a one stop shop for correct the data (except the logfile (which is like your user editable logfile (not used for reports)

i also fixed the data not being corrected exactly where the cursor position was…
note, make sure when correct daily rain total (i.e where it goes back down to zero) that you release the left mouse button right on where it goes to zero… (and then click on set start/end).

If I understand this right, this is what I am doing, but as I say it does not seem to save the corrected/ deleted data file.

you should be able to correct bad data in the logfile
and the convert the logfile to data file OK
as long as your logfile is OK

Yes, Brian, I understand that, but the point I was trying to make is that when attempting to correct/delete data files directly (see attachment), the Save Changes button does not appear to work. I spent a fruitless 30 minutes deleting lines of data only to find that I couldn’t save the changes !

as long as your data file is OK it should work
(i have a youtube video showing it working)
but the problem might be with your data file
(and then that depends on if you logfile was OK too if you converted that to data file)