New Laptop - Com Port Issue

Hello there,

Weather Display working just fine on my old laptop. Now I’ve upgraded to a new laptop. I copied all my files across to the new computer and fired up Weather Display. Everything seems great, EXCEPT it’s not connecting to my Davis Vantage Pro 2. I’ve tried COM1, 2, 3 and 4.

I used to know how to find which COM to use, but have forgotten and anyway that was pre-Windows 10 which is what I’m running now (on the old and new computers). I was using COM3 on the old laptop.

Can you help me get connected?

Thanks!

Gary

See reply #6 onward in this recent thread which addresses the same issue.

Thanks. I see now in the Device Manager that the weather station appears via ‘CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller.’ And by clicking on that I see that there is no driver installed.

I went to the silicon labs website as directed and downloaded the driver install program (universal Windows 10). Clicked on CP210xVCPInstaller_x64. I have a 64-bit laptop, so I figure it should be that and not the _x86 version, (which didn’t work when I later tried it).

Crushing disappointment. When I tried to install the driver I got an error message. See attached.

So I’m at a dead end unless someone really smart has a workaround for this. :wink:

Cheers,

Gary

Capture.PNG

Hmmm, there have been some problems with the latest win 10 and that driver, try the “Download for Windows 7/8/8.1 (v6.7.6)” instead. That has been reported to work in W10.

I have always installed WeatherLink…should have the needed driver.

If you dont want to install weatherlink, in device manager, when you click to update driver, choose browse computer, and then choose let me pick, then scroll to the silicon drivers, choose the older one