Weatherlink IP Issue

I am using a Davis Vantage Pro with the Weatherlink IP. I currently have it setup to send data to weatherlink.com and I am currently running Weather Display as well. I am obtaining the data from the VP via the TCP/IP. Since I have been using WD, I keep experiencing connectivity issues. WD will be running fine and then it will randomly stop talking to the VP console via the WL IP. When this occurs, it appears that WL stops sending data to WL.com. When I shutdown WD and restart, all is well and the VP console begins sending data to WL and WD begins reading the data from the VP console. This seems to be happening randomly and I can’t for the life of me figure out what the problem is. Any ideas? Until I fix the issues, I have it set up to pull data from WL.com instead of directly getting the data over my network from the VP console and it seems to be working fine, however, I don’t want to have it setup like that. It’s only a temporary fix so that data will continue to be pushed to my website/webcam.

I’m using ver 10.37S77

Thank you.

UPDATE:

So this morning I woke up and noticed that WD was doing the same thing as I reported above. It appears to be an issued with WD because I had set it to pull data from weatherlink.com instead of from my IP data logger.

when you say doing the same thing, can you elaborate on that more?
is there any internet connection problems maybe?

re the initial problem
has anything else changed?
firmware version on console maybe?

Sorry. When I said the same thing was happening I meant WD stopped reading data from weatherlink and uploading it to my website. Since this morning when I rebooted WD, it has been working normal. Should I have the free memory setting checked? Do you think this could be causing the problem if it’s not checked?

yes I would check that setting under help, about

So today WD stopped collecting data again and I had to restart the program to get it going again. I took some screenshots this time to show what its doing. You’ll notice that it stops collecting data around the 1300 time and it doesn’t report the current temperature. It also stops pushing the correct data to my website. I took screenshots of my website as well. I also have included the debug log as well.

log.txt (11.6 KB)

that debug log, is that from control panel, debug info, and is that the latest snippet of data when WD stops updating?
was there also any error under view, program event log?

if you could send me your settings files, I will test/check here (see in the FAQ for how to do that)

Yes, the debug log is from the control panel “Debug Info.” It was the latest snippet of data when WD stopped updating. As of right now. WD appears to working as it should. Attached are the setting files you requested. Thank you!

Settings files deleted by moderator for security reasons. Please email them to Brian as requested in the FAQ.

Email sent, sorry about that.

On another note. I haven’t had any issues since my last update. Maybe the problem went away?..

HI
good that its currently not a problem
(I cant debug if its not currently a problem :wink: )

I figured that haha. I wonder if it was because I didn’t have the “free memory” boxes checked? Since I’ve had those boxes checked, I think it has been working. The files I sent you were from after it stopped working the last time. If I get any more problems, I’ll post here and then email you the files again.

maybe I should have those set by default 8O