Corrupted Averages/ Extremes

In View/Averages/Extremes, I often find that the data is corrupted. For example July 2018 is now only showing the first 15 days of data (although it was all there yesterday), and when I updated to the latest version of WD the corruption became even worse, with all the daily Min Temps being altered to unrealistic values. I am running Windows 10,latest version.

not sure why you have that problem
but you can get the data OK again
by
going
action
convert WD logfiles to data files, select that month, and then click on convert

Thanks Brian, but have tried this in the past and had no joy. There are no errors in the graphs, only in the tabular data pages.

converting the log file to data file should work (as long as the logfile is OK)
you could .zip and email me that

Have emailed zip file.

for some reason you have alternating units

i,e metric then non metric then metric again

in the logfile

so that is why WD is not able to use the data

maybe you have 2 instances of WD running, with one set to use metric and the other not, for the log file data (that setting is in control panel, units)

Thanks for that Brian, yes I see what you mean about alternating units. I emphatically don’t have two instances of WD running, apart from a Client version on another computer. This would seem, on the face of it, to be just a random corruption but, apart from re-installing WD I don’t know what else I can do about it.

is the current month log file doing the same thing?

Yes, it was doing the same thing but after what you said about duplicate versions of WD, I had a look at my Client version on the other computer and found that its logfile setting was in metric. I changed this to US, the same as the server version and, lo and behold, the logfiles are now almost ok. I say almost ok, in that there are still duplicate values for each minute but they are both the same. Hopefully this will have solved the issue !

sounds like that client version shares the same logfile location…check that…and if it does, then you should set to read only for the log and data files (setup, advanced/misc)

Why not just turn client logging off?

Thanks Brian / bitsostring, had already switched off Client logging, and everything now sorted.