Changes in Leuven Template & scripts for new items in WXSIM 2018

If you are testing the brand new WXSIM 2018 release in the coming days, PM me the URL to your lastret.txt and latest.csv so I can test.

I got my hand on the first latest.csv of the new WXSIM 2018.
URGENT: I can not adapt the scripts without a 2018 version of lastret.txt

Things to be done by you when using latest.csv:
There are empty lines in the start of the file, just where the script expects the UOM’s to be. This result in an error message and the script will not run.

You could: Change the settings to process lastret.txt and continue to use WXSIM 2018
Or you: could switch back to the previous wxsim release and use latest.csv

Scripts update to be done by me:
I plan to update the v4 stand-alone first => will be available shortly at the demo site
The Template release 2.8 and 2.7 immediately after that, say before end of the week. Updates at template support, click in the heading for your release

There are at 5 other versions happily running sometimes for years, as you never felt the urge to update because nothing changed.
But all versions using latest.csv will fail when they get an empty line where the uoms should be. If so, I need the url to that specific version of the script so I can adapt it and put it online. Visit the Leuven scripts support page and make a new ticket. If possible, the URL should point to the wxsim script not a page with an iframe.
If the v4 script is adapted you should also test that version and consider switching to that latest release.

Now the new fields
There are , AFAIK, 4 new fields added which can be used. FFDI ,FWI ,Average ,WBGT
I need to add those to the processing tables, and see if they are different enough during the forecast period to add them to the graphs.
At least one can put them in the detailed tables. As always all available fields can be selected.

More fields in lastret.txt
The number of fields increased from 15 to 20.
Normally the scripts have no problem with that as latest.csv can contain far more fields, but I need to test that with real-life data.

Documentation:
The WXSIM field names and the tables in the script need to be updated also.

I doubt all will be ready in a few days, will take some time. I will add to this post one line for every adapted script becoming available.

If you contact me, I live in Belgium Europe, CEST, at least 5 hours later as in the USA.

Wim

[color=red]I did get 1 latest.csv from a user, it is version 2018, but no blank lines and no extra fields.
According to this user those fields are NOT in latest.csv but in a separate file latestfire.csv.
No lastret.txt file I have access to has extra fields or more than 15 fields.

The only file to test with is the one from another discussion on this forum but that file was generated only once.
All later files from that user are back to the old format without extra fields / lines.

I postponed rolling out new versions until I can test with files that have extra fields and / or blank lines.
I need to know the names and types of those fields.[/color]

It seems that the Leuven WXSIM scripts work OK with the official 2018 release from the WXSIM website.
All three WXSIM files are correctly processed as I could test with multiple files I received yesterday.

BUT there is problem with a test version which can only be downloaded from the[b] WXSIM 2018 Released![/b] topic.
But that is quite natural for a beta test product.
So if you want to process lastret.txt and plaintext.txt => all Leuven scripts are OK
If you want to process latest.csv as there are more fields in the table with that file => only use the 2018 version from the wxsim site and wait until Tom removed the two blank lines from the latest.csv

Wim