tech geek app ?

Hi folks. haven’t posted for ever. between a divorce and life just no time. But I would like to create or have a app that would notify me when my feed mill is not running or stops unexpectedly. to me it would just have to be a switch tied into the power supply/net to discharge motor on my mill. but I have 2 main issues one is its 2500 feet from my house, second is I have no net out there. I figure I could try to create a bridge or broad area network? I get frustrated when I think mill is running and I go to unload feed and its shut down for some reason that I could have fixed if known it was not operating . I feel its just got to be a N/o or N/c switch that sends me a text or notification. There are so many brilliant people here any ideas? of coarse I am still plugging away at www.sandhillweather.com but funds have caused to to cut back some . Thanks in advance for anyinput!

Brad

Is it line of sight to the house?

not really. if I could get something high enough on mill maybe?

It’s a long way for a simple wireless link (especially a legal one), could do wifi but the gear would be expensive. If it was me I would go for a cell service based link using something like the Particle Electron to text your phone. It’s possible there is a ready built device in the home automation market.

I will read up on that tonight THANK YOU!