Extra temp/hum in SteelSeries Gauges (RESOLVED)

Thanks, Mark.

As I really have no interest whatsoever in displaying inside temp/hum to all and sundry I then thought I could cheat by setting, e.g., “intemp”:%extratemp1%, “inhum”:%extrahum1%, etc., in customclientrawlocal.txt and then renaming the “Inside” radio buttons.

But I notice that there is no "intempTL"or “intempTH” to give max-min on the pop-ups (although “inhumTL” and “inhumTH” are present), and it’s not exactly clear to me from WD’s tagslist what tags I would use anyway!

Back to the drawing board. . .

P.S. No offence, but you have to click twice on a drop down menu to make a selection instead of just once on a button. . .

Yes, lots of software doesn’t provide that info.

Yep, but it’s more compact, and scans better once set I think.

So some software provides inhumTL, TinhumTL, inhumTH and TinhumTH but doesn’t provide intempTL, TintempTL, intempTH and TintempTH? WD has tags for all these. . .

But WD doesn’t seem to have tags for the corresponding extratemp/hum values that I was looking for!

Looking at it, it is probably more likely somebody asked me at add indoor humidity min/max on day when I was feeling generous. I have conditional code around those values to suppress them for s/ware that doesn’t provide the data.

Found some WD tags that would work. . . don’t suppose you’re feeling generous today, are you? :wink:

Post the variable values and I’ll put it on the ToDo list - which is currently pretty short :wink:

Thanks, Mark!

To be clear, if you could implement Inside Temp min/max to match the existing Inside Humidity min/max I reckon I could then substitute extratemp/extrahum WD tags for intemp and inhum in customclientrawlocal (and rename the radio buttons) for my own extra sensor without upsetting anyone who likes looking at indoor values!

Others may be interested in this idea, others may want all three (or more) temps, but all I’d be asking you to do is to complete (or round off) your existing set-up to show Outside and Inside min/max temp/hum.

WD tags for these variables (“intemp” is already there) would be:

“intempTL”:“%minindoortemp%”
“TintempTL”:“%minindoortempt%”
“intempTH”:“%maxindoortemp%”
“TintempTH”:“%maxindoortempt%”

There doesn’t seem to be a tag for “intemptrend” to be consistent with “temptrend”:"%tempchangehour%, but I don’t think a trend is necessary anyway?

Great stuff, version 2.7.1 works beautifully! Thanks, Mark.

P.S. the cheque’s in the post. . . :slight_smile:

Brian got the WMR extra sensor tags working and I managed to rename buttons, gauge titles and pop-up info (and a few other things).

Thanks, Brian, for tags and thanks again, Mark, for max-min Inside Temps!

I am trying to do something similar. I do not care about humidex or indoor temperature and would like to replace one of these variables with %extratemp1%. I have added this to my customclient file and gave it the name garage. The customclient file is uploading fine and shows something like “garage”:“67.0”.

How can I modify the gauges to replace either the humidex or indoor temp with my garage tag?

Interestingly I did this several years ago but now can’t remember out how I did it. I seem to remember that I just found the humidex variable and substituted garage for it and it worked . I can not find where that variable is now.

I later changed the titles so the heading and the selector would say garage.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

As mentioned above, I changed from Inside temp/hum to Garden temp/hum.

First I edited customclientrawlocal.txt so that all 10 of Mark’s “in”-variables (“intemp”, “inhum”, etc.) pointed to the WD tags for the extra sensor data (like your %extratemp1%, %extrahum1%, etc.) instead of inside data.

Then I edited language.min.js and changed every “Inside” label under LANG.EN to “Garden”: to, e.g., temp_title_in:“Garden Temp” instead of temp_title_in:“Inside Temp”.

That changed the radio buttons, gauge labels and the pop-up max-min info from Inside to Garden. See http://swanston.maui.co.uk/gauges.htm.

Hope that’s some help.

Thanks. You jogged my memory and as you described is how I did it last time. I forgot I needed to change the WD tags to point to the extra data. I added the extra data as a new tag instead of just changing where the tags point.

Thanks again.

Tom

I see you changed Dew Point rather than Humidex or Inside temp!

Yes. Dew point was the only one I could change that showed a high and low for the garage. I could not figure out where the inside graph was getting the data. The customclient file does not contain the high and low values for indoor but does contain high/low for dew point.

I would have preferred changing the indoor metric since I like the pop up chart.

Tom

What version of Steel Gauges are you using? If you look at the earlier bit of the thread you will see that Mark only added the inside max/min temps/times in version 2.7.1.

Wow. I got the script from http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/54526 which obviously is way out dated. I found 2.7.1 and will install it. I noticed the customcient does include indoor max/min.

Thanks. You have been a great help.

I’ll update the script and change the customclient to replace indoor variables with garage variables and see how it goes.

I still do not know how the indoor graph is now being generated since my current customclient does not include min/max for indoor vaules?

Tom

Sorry, I can’t help you with graphs! Haven’t got round to them yet.

Start a new thread and someone will chip in.

Indoor temp graph plots data from clientrawextra.txt

Thanks so even if I substitute the tags for my garage temperature and the high and lows for the garage they will not be graphed nor will the popup graph show the high/low temp. At least if I replace the values for dew point in the customclientraw file the popup will show the high and low temps for my garage.

I wonder why the tags for indoor high/low temps and time were added to customclient since the data comes from the extra file?

Tom

The wxgraphs and the steel gauges are separate. It’s convenient for the gauges to use the wxgraphs for the mouseover graphs but they were developed by a different author and quite a lot earlier. The wxgraphs use the standard wd clientraw*.txt files. The gauges use data from the customclientraw.txt file.