Davis Vantage Pro 2 longevity?

having a mac has produced for me a lot of complications. Being very close to 71, I don’t see a need to purchase a PC, which would solve everything for me. I use the API from the weatherlink Ip to update my site and Weatherdisplay/weathercat for my personal needs.

Back to the topic, the station has changed very little since it came out. The plastic is sturdy and perhaps with the main station, the solar panel tends over time to fog over and sometimes the film over it cracks, holes. Davis claims it is ok. The foam plug where the cables enter the transmitter tends to get crunchy and needs to be replaced. Those FARS, the fans need to be replaced as does the batteries. I have the solar and UV sensors and the leveling bulbs have dried out, so I use a level. It is a sturdy station, and it depends on the conditions. Harsh climates will have it toll on it. But for the most part, yes it is sturdy.

A while ago Davis asked what people would like to see in a newer model. I said a color console, but I don’t know if anything happened. the new rain cone with the anti bird has worked for me. Yeah, it is a good station.