Windchill and Heat Index transposed? (RESOLVED)

Did a bit more digging: clientraw and customclientraw are only uploaded every 30 secs, so I opened a copy of each within a few seconds and found:

clientraw temp 16.2, windchill 16.2, heat index 16.2, apparent 16.2, humidex 18.1

custom temp 16.2, windchill 17.1, heat index 16.2, apparent 16.2, humidex 18.1

I also glanced at the gauges and saw temp 16.2, windchill 17.1 and heat index 16.2 before the customclientraw refresh. So how is customclientraw (using %windch%) showing a different value of windchill to clientraw?

I also note that there is no “wchillTH”:“%maxwindchill%” in customclientraw, so the pop-up doesn’t show max and min values.

A question for Brian I think!

Thanks, Mark, I was beginning to think that, too! I just jumped onto this board as soon as I noticed the anomaly on the gauges.

I wonder if you have one of the temperature substitution options set in WD? I’m thinking of areas like the humidex substitution on Control Panel/Units/Temperature setup.

Nothing obvious like that but, although I am aware that sometimes options can be set or modified in different places, I have never been interested in artificial indexes so it is unlikely. Anyway, windchill appears to be shown OK in clientraw: it’s just plain wrong in customclientraw.

Still wondering about the setting I mentioned above: “Use the new windchill formula”. Is customclientraw picking up on the old formula?

Think my comment about max windchill may be explained if %maxwindchill% was unavailable when customclientrawlocal was first designed. If it had been available it would surely be %maxwindch% to be consistent with %windch% and
%minwindch%.

No, as we discussed, windchill can’t be higher than ambient.

The gauges use data that is - broadly - available across a range of software, some offer more or different data than others. The max value doesn’t mean much as it will equal the max temp much of the time, most people are interested in how low the chill went.

Agreed!

the next update of WD will have the code in place to check if the resulting windchill was higher than the temperature (and so its set as the temperature)
that 1 line of code was missing from the tag code

Thanks, Brian!

I have the same problem, Wind Chill is higher than Ambient.
Have updated WD to build 74 and problem is still there on both my sites.
See here:- http://monadh.com/nbwcl.php

I just checked your site
and I do not see that issue for the left hand one

Brian,
I agree the left one is not currently showing the problem, but it was earlier when i posted the comment. #-o
I have checked and both sites are set up identically.
Any ideas?
Regards
Ray

is the right hand one using build 74?

Yes. Both are using build 74.
The WD build is automtically picked up a the bottom (after the Units Table).

The following link shows the two customclientraw.txt files on the server after ftp from the PC’s running WD.

http://monadh.com/readcustomclientraw.php (updates every 10 secs) :hello2: !!! Link removed !!! :hello2:

These PC’s are identical, hardware and software, and are dedicated to running WD using fully up to date Win10 pro.

Observing the customeclientraw files it can be seen that the wind chill temp is nearly always in excess of the ambient temp on both sites.

use a new .zip update to fix (I needed a stronger coffee to see the mistake in the code)

Brian great :smiley: Glad the stronger coffee worked :wink:

No wind at either site at present, but I assume the wind chill formula will kick in when the winds start blowing.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Yes, seems to be OK now. Thanks again, Brian.

One more thing on windchill, for Mark: in customclientrawlocal.txt “TwchillTL” should point to tag %minwindcht%, not
%maxwindchillt%.

If people only want to see the minimum windchill temp we might as well show the right time!

Thanks, I’ll get that fixed…