Rainfall data from wx.html

Hello,
I built a custom php based weather station website back in 2005 (which has been running ever since). I now want to add some extra pages to it but can’t quite remember what each item of data in the wx,html file relates to.

As far as I remember
WD creates the wx.html file for me and uploads it to my web-server.
I then use getraw.php to take the data from wx.html and put it into an array based on the delimiter “|”
My custom web pages then display the data by calling the array something along the lines of <? echo $wxdata[0]; ?>

What I can’t remember and can’t find anywhere is what each of the “|” delimited pieces of data in wx.html actually refer to.
I can tell what lots of them are because I created a variables.php file that essentially turns many of these array items into variables with names that I understand but I only did this for the array items I wanted to use at the time. I’d now like to add some extra pages for rainfall to my site.

Is there a list somewhere of what each of the array items in wx.html refer to.

I know for example that:
$wxdata[0] is the date
$wxdata[1] is the time
$wxdata [2] is windspeed

Can someone point me to the entire list please.

Thanks,
Alan.

IIRC WD creates wx.html by converting the tags in the wxlocal.html template file to values. All the tags that can be used in wxlocal.html are listed in the taglist.txt file. Both files should be in the main WD folder or subfolders.

Aha, thanks, that sounds promising - I’ll take a look later.

I don’t remember ever creating a wxlocal.html template file but it was 13 years ago so hopefully I did. Hopefully I’ll also be able to add some more tags to it and then create a new age for my weather station website containing various rainfall data - All prompted by the fact that we’re currently on 23 days and counting without rain here, which has to be something of a record for anywhere in Wales!!!

Thanks,
Alan.

OK, I’ve now tried this but haven’t quite succeeded.

My wxlocal.html file is simply a list of pipe (|) delimited custom tags. e.g.
%date%|%time%|%gstspd%|%dirlabel%|%maxgst%|…

There are over 200 tags in total and I’ve now added a few more custom tags to it so as to start adding some more rain data to my website.
This is uploaded to my server as wx.html at which point WD replaces the tags with the appropriate weather data. From here, the getraw.php file creates a useable array from the wx.html file so that I can address the individual data within the array.

This all seems to work, except for the fact that the new customtags that I’ve added today are appearing in the array as the custom tag name, rather than as actual data. I’ve created a very simple file to show me the data withint his array. You can see it here: https://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk/dbdriven/home/ws_array_places.php

As you can see, all of the data is there as expected, except for the last few items in the array which haven’t been converted to data but just show the tag name.

Any ideas as to what I’ve done wrong? I even added a duplicate %date% custom-tag to my wxlocal.html file which is also the first custom tag in the list. As you can see, at position [0] in the array this date comes out as expected, but at position [241] it is showing as the tag name rather than the actual date.

I’m sure there’s a simple explanation, I just can’t find it at the moment
Thanks,
Alan.

It’s OK… I think I’ve worked it out… If I put the drop down list of months as the final item in the array it seems to work OK I think. It was that which was causing the issues.

Alan.