Vp2 console screen

Hi. Any idea what has happened to my screen. See image. It still receives data from iss and sends it to Wd.
Screen itself is unreadable due to amount of icons showing.

Is it repairable?. Thinking of a Vue console instead…is it 100% compatible with the Vp2 iss and datalogger?

Tried a total reset of console…ie batteries and power cable out but still the same.

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks
Steve

Hi, that’s interesting. I would say you may need a new console - it seems every possible LCD segment on the left half of the screen is shown, but the right hand side is displaying normally which would be an issue with the printed circuit board maybe?
See my attached pic with the red line drawn - you can see normal readings ok to the right e.g time/date, humidity, pressure etc?

I would first suspect a problem with the display connector which could be a zebra strip and might be resolved by separating the display from the main board and re-installing it. But it could be a chip failure too. If John/Prodata doesn’t post in this thread I suggest you send him a PM and ask his opinion.

I never even look at mine. If data is flowing I would not spend money on it…just my opinion.

It is

Ok guys thanks for the replies. Will take the back off and disconnect the strip when i have time. Will report back.
Thanks.

I would first try the good old reboot of the console first which probably won’t help but is always a good to do before you get the screwdrivers out. However, I would suspect the flexi flat cable also between the main board and the LCD and make sure the contacts are clean (both ends) and seated in the connectors correctly.