WD high memory usage

Hi guys, i was wondering what would cause WD to have such high memory usage. Are there certain things to look for in the program that might be contributing to such memory usage?
I’m leaving it be for now to see how high it goes. It’s continually climbing daily.
Thank you for any advice. :slight_smile:

Windows 10 64-bit, 16gb RAM, SSD
WD 10.37S b73

WD memory usage increased to about 1gb, and shut itself down. I have to see if any errors were reported, but I had to leave for work. Windows didn

if you could .zip and email me your settings files, I will see if I can duplicate

Sent. Please confirm if you received it. I haven’t used the email on this computer for years, so not sure if it’s all set up right. :confused:
Thank you again for looking.

I got these errors before it closed:
error with mainform web cam image 2 Cannot open file “C:\wdisplay\webcam\jpgwebcam.jpg”. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
Above error or program log occured at :16 14 01 07/05/2018
ERROR: Out of system resources System.Classes at time/date 4:16:1:44 07/06/2018
Above error or program log occured at :04 16 01 07/06/2018
ERROR: Out of system resources System.Classes at time/date 4:16:1:184 07/06/2018
ERROR: Out of system resources System.Classes at time/date 4:16:1:187 07/06/2018
ERROR: Out of system resources System.Classes at time/date 4:16:1:188 07/06/2018
error with update timer4timer Error creating window device context
Above error or program log occured at :04 16 04 07/06/2018

Out of system resources is weird because I don’t think it could possibly be maxing out 16GB. I installed twice the memory as before this week hoping that error would stop, yet it continues.

I don’t seem to have received it?
try again
also try sending to
[email protected]

Hi Brian. I tried it again from my main computer. Should get through now. :slight_smile:

yup
testing

I notice you have the web search function setup
try turning that off (in control panel, , ftp/internet setup)

Hmmm, I just looked and it

I see the problem then
you have sent me very old settings files (they are dated 2016)
you need to create fresh ones
in WD go action, backup registry entry now (and then they should be created in the databack up folder)

my testing overnight has been OK
but I realised I did not have the testags.txt file in place to have that converted
fixed that, testing more

Oooops! I created a new zip file and replied to your email.
Thank you again for testing. :slight_smile:

in the latest update, under help, about, tick the 2 settings to free memory daily
that should help
(and this should work better now too if you were already using that)